Just posted this on our FB page

I had a request yesterday for nutritional info on our pizza. I went online and found a site at: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_food.php

I was able to use this site and plug in our actual recipe for pizza and come up with some interesting info.

We use a high protein flour, fresh yeast, local honey, soy oil (no cholesterol, very low saturated fats), salt and water in our dough. That’s it.

Our sauce contains crushed tomatoes, spices, a small amount of sugar

Cheese is a low moisture part-skim 100% Mozzarella

Here is the info on one slice of our pizza:
Calories: 224
Protein: 13 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Carbs: 27 grams (carbs from sugars 1.3 grams)

Compare to a national chain with 290 calories, 12 grams protein, 9 grams fat and 42 grams of carbs!! You can find all this stuff on the website mentioned above.

So, what do you get from the national chain? 29% more calories, 29% more fat and 56% more carbs!!

With our pizza you do get 8% more protein which we think is a good thing.

I don’t know, my personal opinion is that if people want to eat pizza they don’t want to be bothered with nutritional info. People seem to choose their pizza based on what they like, the price and convenience. I’ve never heard anyone debate over which pizza place to go to based on which has the least calories per slice.

I don’t want to know how many calories and how much fat is in my Hagen Daz malt either. :smiley:

Plus, how many people might take you info, figure a half to whole pizza’s worth of calories and shock themselves into cutting back??? :shock:

hm, is that a 14" or 16"? thanks.

I agree with Pizza Pirate, nutritional info on pizza is a big, unwanted, waste of time. But if (or when) we are forced to post that sort of thing by the PC busy bodies in the state (or Federal) capital, I plan to post about ten pages of the most detailed, incomprehensible, and totally accurate information anyone has ever seen.

I think Bodegahwy has done a smart thing with this. No one new may order his pizza because he posted nutritional information, but the information he’s sharing helps to reaffirm in his customer’s minds their choice of his product over the one of the national chain’s. “I like it AND it’s better for me… great!” I also bet he could write a killer MDL using the information he posted as the foundation.

I really need to get on generating my nutritional information. It would be a nice service for those customers who have been requesting it. You’d think that since I have a degree in Nutrition Science I’d have gotten on that before now…

I don’t plan on beating people over the head with it, but I have had a couple of requests for it. Having it in the notes section of our FB page give us a place to send a customer with questions.

If you want to entertain yourself, go to the link in my post and look up the nutritional info on some of your favorite foods… or better yet, some national chain burgers. You will come away feeling very good about pizza.

BTW, I had a couple of people mention last night at an event my wife and I attended that they had seen the post and appreciated it. Thier comments were right in line with Brad’s.

Pj, it does not matter what size it turns out. Since we cut a 14" into 8 slices and a 16" into 12, the results are pretty much interchangable.