Konopizza - will it work?

Whats your opinions on this new Konopizza conecpt? Do you think it will work?

Any ideas on how you make one of these? Can you use a normal conveyor oven and a thin-crust recipe? How would you add toppings?

Will it work?

Sorry, I don’t mean to show my ignorance, but what is the Konopizza concept you are asking about?

for those that dont know Konopizza is a pizza you eat like an ice cream cone with the toppings on the inside, it originated in Italy I did enquire about a franchise some time back but the company was looking for master franchisee and Im not in that league,I expect It may work well in locations with high foot traffic such as malls airports etc , the product is factory produced and as far as I know can only be cooked on special equipment,I know there is a company in the US producing a similar product but I cant recall the name

You’re right, it does require highly specialized equipment to make the cones. We did all of the product development and most of the equipment development here at AIB International. This is not to say that you couldn’t make your own version of the product. For openers, think of a mould, shaped like an inverted cone, take a nery thin pizza crust that is just barely baked (think of a tortilla) and now form it like a cone by spiraling it around your fingers. Place this on the mould, then place a metal ring around the crust to hold it together and place it back into the oven for baking until crisp or something close to it.
Remove from mould and you have your cone ready to fill.
There are probably a bunch of other ways to do it too, but this should get you thinking.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Visit their website www.konopizza.it

I think it may only be in Italian at the moment but it gives you an idea.

To mine they look shite, but everything has their market.

You might also take a look under www.pizzacones.com This will link you up to the company in California that has commercialized the product here in the U.S.

So how would you make a margherita version, coat the inside of the cone with sauce and fill with cheese? Wouldn’t there be too much cheese near the top?

Anyone else tried to make one?
Anyone actually buy one, whats the taste like compared to a normal pizza?

i think this is a sign of the apocalypse!

Jimmy;
THe taste of the dough is something like thqt of a commercial frozen pizza, but a little more crispy. When we made then we mixed the sauce and cheese together and then added this to the formed cones. Yes, we did come up high on the cheese equation, but we never got any complaints. Remember, this is a novelty item so people are not doing a direct comparison to a slice of pizza when they buy or eat it. I don’t know what the selling price is, but I’m guessing that it is more than you get for a slice of pizza of equivalent size and weight (remember that extra cheese? It’s included in the cost). So don’t go comparing this to a slice of pizza anymore than you would compare a Sno-Cone to a half cup of soda over ice.

All of the posters are correct. Check out the September issue of PMQ. We have a story on konopizza. The Amercan version is called Crispy Cones and in the magazine we have a nice interview with Nir Adar, founder and CEO. The story should be online at this site shortly.

Who knows, where i get that special equipment for producing Konopizza in Italy ? Whose industry?

Hi guys

It works and taste great, please visit us at www.crispycones.com or conatct me direct at nir@crispycones.com

Were i can get equipment for that?
Or what kind of franchising are you offer?