Kustom Pies, choose your krust, sauce, toppings, 2 minutes, bada bing bada boom

Growing up in a family of HVAC guys, I always equate gas as being more efficient than electric. Maybe I’m biased because of it, but I feel that would translate to ovens as well. That’s the reason I’d like to switch to gas. But I would have to be really sure of the performance before I give up my electric Bakers Pride deck ovens. It will also depend on your availability and pricing of gas in your area. Natural gas is best, but we have LP. Hopefully they have all the supply issues worked out, but prices for LP were through the roof over the winter of 13/14. I’m glad we weren’t on gas then.

Kustom I’m working on the exact same plan in my city. Any luck so far? I’ve tested the Turbochef’s that were mentioned above. They work great… And alot of other places are using them. Check out @pizza in DC… They have a rocking concept and system.

I looked at the TurboChef Fire video…interesting…I’ve used their 1st oven yrs ago, an a much newer one a few yrs ago…"

altho they are certified as ventless, there will some carry over smell when opening the door & such…plus, the door is not 110% effective…

but given the right opportunity, 3 or 4 of these ovens might work in a fast casual setting…it looks as though you have to cook them on a screen, and I think the Llyod’s disk might be a better option…

Do not ignore the heat given off from these vent less ovens.

Several we sold later required a hood to take out the heat.

George Mills

Hi Jason- I have more or less decided not to move forward. My decision does not have anything to do with the concept in general which I think is strong. Rather a long list of reasons including my primary business requiring my attention, wanting to spend more time with my family, etc. etc. Anyways, good luck with your project. Though in the words of CM Punk “Luck is for losers” so instead I’ll hope for the best for you.