LC Moving Into Our Over Saturated Market This Fall

Found out this weekend that Little Ceasar’s is opening inside a video store just a couple blocks from us. That will make 7 pizza places in a town with 10K addresses. This seems like an awful lot of pizza in this town, what’s the normal ratio?

I’m not really sure what to expect. It’s really close to our store, but I think they’re going to get a lot of the college students (they’ll be two blocks from campus) and I really don’t draw that much business from that demo. Seems to me like someone is going to have go.

Little Caesars moved back into my market after being gone for about 10 years. They don’t only appeal to budget minded people as their hot and now concept makes them so much more convenient than picking up a pizza somewhere that’ll take 10-20 minutes to prepare it. Peoples children don’t care that they are eating half raw dough covered in ragu and a sprinkle of cheese. It’s as good as the pizza that the school cafeteria serves and they go nuts for it. I think you might be surprised to see how broad of a demographic they appeal to.

This isn’t good news at all.

I had one of their Hot and Ready pizzas about a year ago in Fresno when I was out of town and could not believe how bad it was. But hey, it was Ready and only five bucks. However, it was not exactly Hot.