? lehmann ? Familiar with "Jimmy John's" sub buns

Tom,

Do you have any experience with the “Jimmy John’s” sub shop rolls? They started in the Charleston/Champaign-Urbana area 20+ years back but have expanded into the Chicago and other metro areas. I’m interested in replicating something similar to their sub bun they use.

Re: ? lehmann ? Familiar with “Jimmy John’s” sub

They’ve come 2 central Fla recently - I reckon its just a french bread roll/baguette - the rolls I get from Sam’s & bake have a similar chewy consistency b4 I toast them in the MM 360

I’ll try the SAMS again but I remember them more “bready” than what JJ’s is using. I’m looking for a roll that is not too high on the crown “top”, with taste leaning to sweet. The JJohn’s buns give a nice thin crust that has a slight chew, but not with a big mouthfull of bread in the process. The crumb seems slight compared to other sub rolls I’ve tried.

I’d like to find a “perfect” roll option for when I get opened. I think I could position my sandwich offerings into a very nice lunch business!!

Jeff

I’m looking for a roll that is not too high on the crown “top”, with taste leaning to sweet. The JJohn’s buns give a nice thin crust that has a slight chew, but not with a big mouthfull of bread in the process

Have you tried Amoroso rolls? these should be available frozen from your main purveyor and seem to fit what you are looking for. http://amorosobaking.com/

Thanks Paul, our local Sysco distributes them…I’ll get a sample. Hoping to find something I can make and bake fresh in house…smells sells.