?_Lehmann:

Hello, My name si Robert R. Yates I am opening a new pizzeria in nigara falls, ny. I am looking for a good dough reciepe. I have tried a few but are not coming out right. I have a 30 quart mixer. I would really look forward to your help. I am opening next Wed.

Please e-mail me reciepe at bobbitsrep@adelphia.net

thanks

Robert;
Stop wasting time and go directly to the RECIPE BANK. Donot pass “GO” do not collect $200.00. Seriously, the RECIPE BANK is your best resource for all kinds of formulas and recipes. Your 30-quart mixer is pretty small and not very “heavy duty” for and significant pizza production. Keep an eye out for a good 60 or 80-quart, it will serve you much better. As for a dough formula, You don’t say what kind of pizza you are wanting to make, what characteristics you are looking for, or what kind of oven you have, or how you are going to shape the dough, (these all influence the dough formula) so I’ll give you a good, generic dough formula:
Strong Bread Flour: 10-pounds
Salt: 2.75 oz.
Sugar: 3.25 oz.
Instant Dry Yeast: 0.75 oz.
Olive oil: 4.75 oz.
Water: 5 pounds and 10 ounces

Procedure:
Put water (70F) in mixing bowl, add salt and sugar, then flour and the IDY last. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed just until you don’t see any dry flour in the bowl, now add the oil and mix 1 minute at low speed, then finish by mixing at medium speed for 8 to 10 minutes. Chech the finished dough temperature, it should be 80 to 85F. Adjust the water temperature on following doughs to correct if necessary.
Take the dough to the banch immediately after mixing and scale and ball, place into dough boxes and wipe the top of the dough balls with salad oil, take the dough boxes to the cooler and cross stack for 2 hours, then down stack and nest the boxes. The dough will keep for up to 3 days in the cooler. Begin using the dough after 12 to 18 hours in the cooler. To use: remove several dough boxes fromthe cooler and allow to warm at room temperature for about an hour (be sure to keep the boxes covered). The dough is now ready to begin forming. The dough will be good to use for up to three hours after you begin using it.
Now, get back to looking at the RECIPE BANK, there is a wealth of great stuff in there.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Hey Robert
Where in the falls is it going to be?
The wife works in NF.
Good luck sir.