?_Lehmann:

I recently saw some videos of how Domino’s makes their pizzas (try this link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1YyHe-dnJ4k) and was wondering how they get their dough to be so easy to work with. These guys open up their dough balls right on the counter top without having to throw the dough - in less than 30 seconds, and the dough retains its shape perfectly. Do they have some secret ingredient in their dough, or do they have special handling/proofing procedures or something? Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

good question

the dough is well proofed, has a high moisture content and is well aged…that guy was not that fast…

That cheese applying machine is SWEET. Where can I get one of those?

That cheese spreader is GREAT!! I want one too! Please tell where to buy it?

Manufactured strictly for Dominos pizza. It’s called an autocheeser. You can find them from time to time on Ebay, or you may want to try Northern Pizza Equipment or some other equipment dealer who sells to Dominos to find a used one. One problem is they are only manufactured to cheese up to a 16" pizza.

paul7979 writes:

Manufactured strictly for Dominos pizza. It’s called an autocheeser. You can find them from time to time on Ebay, or you may want to try Northern Pizza Equipment or some other equipment dealer who sells to Dominos to find a used one. One problem is they are only manufactured to cheese up to a 16" pizza.

Yep, a guy named Khalid invented it back in the early '90s. I remember that fact because mine was named “Khalid’s Cheese Machine”. If I’m not mistaken it only works with diced cheese, though. Can anyone back me up on that one? I’m 90% sure, but there’s that 10% that’s not. -J_r0kk

Like has already been said, it is really nothing much more than correct dough absorption and proper fermentation on the dough. I’ve got a complete dough formula and dough management procedure that closely duplicates the Domino’s crust posted in the RECIPE BANK.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

My cocky opinion…

#1 The shell was overlapping the screen
#2 He could gain time by going straight into his hand stretch
#3 It’s Domino’s pizza…

Anyone have any luck finding a autocheeser?