Lincoln 1000 cooks hot in the back

I Have a Lincoln 1000. I guess made in the 90’s. I have had it for 1 year. It runs good, and if it broke down, my service guy can fix anything. The problem is that it cooks about 15 degrees hotter at about the last 8 inches in the back. It doesn’t sound like much, but at 8 minute cook time, it matters. My service guy does not know why? does anyone have any info on why or know someone I could call. I called wellbuilt twice.

Is the back not used as much as the front? Maybe you have some fingers clogged up from bread crumbs, burnt cheese etc. Just a guess.

1 Like

I dont use the back as much only because it over cooks(slightly).

I have cleaned the oven fingers multiple times since I have had it.

Well built told me to move the finishing finger to the 3rd spot.

I have not tried that yet.

I figured out why it was cooking hotter in the back. In the main base of the finger there is a baffle that splits half the air to the front and half to the back.

Well the only top finger I had open, The baffle bent in a way that sent 75% to the back and 25% to the front. Probably the previous owners like to cook heavily topped pizzas in the back.

1 Like

My Lincoln 1000 was manufactured July 1982. Make sure the fingers are clean and nothing is obstructing the holes. It is easy to do and you can do it yourself. Open the door and pull one at a time out to see. There are 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. I also have my ovens cleaned every 6 months. It is about $400.00 for cleaning them.