LINCOLN 1450 CONVEYOR TIME & TEMPS....& FINGER CONFI

CURIOUS AS TO WHAT TEMPERATURE AND BELT SPEED PEOPLE ARE USING WITH THESE OVENS…ANY FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
ALSO, WHAT KIND OF FINGER CONFIGURATIONS ARE PEOPLE USING?? I HAVE A THIN CRUST PIZZA

Re: LINCOLN 1450 CONVEYOR TIME & TEMPS…& FINGER C

Typically, your baking temperature will be around 450F with a bake time of about 6 to 6.5-minutes, but could go into the 7-minute range with an abundence of toppings. The finger configuration should be full open across the bottom while the top will be variable as it will be configured to your specific needs. More than likely you will only have 2 or possibly three fingers open on the top (the third finger could be a partial finger too) with the rest being closed. We normally find the partial finger (if used) at the last top position, otherwise this finger is normally closed. If you are loading the pie with a lot of veggies, the last finger will typically be either a full open or partial to help dry the pizza. In most cases, the first top finger is closed. As you can see, it’s that top finger configuration that makes or breaks the oven for any one pizza. This is why it is so important to know exactly what the finger profile of the oven is when buying a used air impingement oven.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

thanks Tom - I saw a post from a long time ago on this…from you. You had mentioned that you used aluminum foil to cover fingers in a pinch. I’m experimenting with that right now…will let you know how it works out.

Thanks!

Brad;
Wrapping the finger inserts in heavy duty foil is “SOP” when you need to close off a finger or two. Also, keep in mind that for flexability, there are also radiant panels available too. These are dark (black) colored inserts without any holes, they allow you to seperate heat from air flow, the radiant panel will radiate heat to the pizza, but without the air flow feature, this can come in handy in applications where you want to maintain heating of the pizza, but at the same time you want to prevent/reduce charring of toppings, such as onion or green peppers. Insert panels are available from Lincoln for about $85.00 each.

Thanks for the info Tom, i’ll check those out. I had a chance to cover fingers with tin foil yesterday and was amazed at how well it worked. I plan on changing my finger configuration this week to the following: top left to right half open, closed, closed, half open and on the bottom all full open.
Thanks again for your help

Tom sure knows his stuff.

George Mills

just a word of caution tho, on using foil…if the foil rips/tears in some fashion, it can get sucked into the blower system, causing damage - at least that has happened b4 in a MM system…

Hi Patriots:
We Fold the foil flat and put it inside the finger on top of the air holes that way no foil can be drawn into the fan blades.

George Mills

I currently run 485 for 5 minutes. Have all open across the bottom, and for the top, a “Finishing” panel at the end and two radiant panels in the the middle. The finishing panels appears to be a half open panel, and we are looking to change the mostly closed beginning panel to another finishing panel.

I’d be cautious with so little airflow to the top of the pizzas as this can lead to what we affectionately call a “swamp” pizza. Your profile would be good for use with some of the artisan, or true Italian style pizzas (light on the toppings, long on flavor), but if you are loading them up, you might need more airflow.

I won’t be much help for thin crust
But I’ll post here for business owners that use traditional pan fresh pizza
For example a 12” pizza with 14oz dough and Lincoln 1450 running at 460F and 7:30 time
Below is the best finger layout
All bottoms with cover 1403 and plate 1510
Top 1: cover 1403 plate 1510
Top 2: cover 1530 plate 1531 and these only go together for radiant
Top 3: cover 7002500 plate 1536
Top 4: cover 7002500 plate 1533 and this will give nice colour for the top on its way out
Temperature and time can be always adjusted and there is really no exact temperature or timing and it all depends on your ingredients