Looking for imput from Prism and Speedline user

Hi,

I am about to purchase a POS system for my new shop that I will be opening. I have narrowed it down to Prism or Speedline. I have had demos from both. They are both priced fairly similar. I will be offering mostly take out and delivery. I am looking for something that is easy to use, allows the user to change keys and menu items when needed without contacting tech support, and I want a really strong back of the house system. One that will control my inventory, menu ingredient, labor, scheduling, reports for everything, ordering. They both offer integrated online ordering with Loyalty programs. They both say that they can provide all those features. I am leaning towards Speedline because of the delivery program them offer.

I am looking for users of either systems to give me some input on what they are using and if it preforms everything the company said it would and if there is something that you wished it could do. As well as the Customer Service and Tech support Service. I have searched the forums but everything seems to be dated awhile back. I know that these company’s upgrade constantly and was looking for some current feedback.

Anything would be appreciated.

Thank you
Rico

Rico, where do you live at? I’d be happy to show you the ins and outs of my Prism system if you want to come to North Florida.

Thanks Paul, but that’s a little ways from where I am located in Upstate New York. I do appreciate the offer.

Uncle Rico just sent you a Private message.

Rather than write it all again, have a look that this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15037

After 15 years with Prism, I would not even look at another system if I were starting over.

Additional useful comments about various systems here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13125

Thanks Bodegahwy. I had already read those posts. I was trying to see if I can get more feedback on the speedline system. It seems like a great system but it doesn’t seem to popular. I was trying to figure out why. I do like what prism has to offer as well.

Rico

I would have to agree. It is not one that we hear much about. It seems like the only place they are rated #1 is on their own website.

In your original post you mention a “delivery program” offered by Speedline. I wonder what that is?

I meant to say delivery software

What about their delivery software is special? When I visited the website it looked pretty conventional to me.

I’ve used speedline for almost 10 years in 3 locations now. It has worked nearly flawlessly the entire time. We have yet to lose an order from and computer issue. ( knock on wood ). When there is an issue they repair it right away. Any feature that I have requested has been added in the upgrades. Couldn’t be happier with their product. It will cost you some money as with any system. You just have knuckle down and learn as much as you can about its features to get the most out of it.

David

Thank you David