Looking for name and discription ideas for new pizzas.

Dogma_Pizza

I figured this would be a good place to get some ideas. We recently purchased a pizza shop and the current menu doesn’t have anything exciting on it, simply buy a pizza and pick some toppings.
We are looking to name some pizzas with topping combinations. If you have any specialty pizzas that you customers love I would interested to see what you have named them and what they have on them. Even if they aren’t the best sellers but they are unique I would still be interested in seeing your creations. You never know what will trigger inspiration and what doesn’t work great in one market might work better in another.
Thanks in advance, Steve.

Last edited:
Pizza capricciosa
Mushroom,black olives,ham,tomato slices,artichoke harts,
i didn’t i would sell but it does

Crispino
Thin sicilian shell with fresh tomato, fresh basil(or a pesto) with fresh mozzarella, and roasted red peppers a little parm cheese on top and a side of balsamic … sells liek crazy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response; we will have to make up a test pie to try. Is this a white pie or tomato pie?

Last edited:
there is no sauce on the cripino… somtimes people put a very very very thin layer of sauce cook the shell then all the ingredients go on top… dont cook the pizza with the tomato and mozz.

also if your looking for a white pie try this

cook a round shell with just a little cheese… once the shell gets firm take it out… let it cool a bit, spread ricotta all over it then a little more mozz, then throw it back in the oven and you got a white pie… so customers like it with frsh garlic or spinach

Last edited:
I’ve got a pizza named for my county, which uses some ingredients particular to the area (we farm garlic and make cheese around here).

And I’ve got a pizza named after my wife, just because she really likes it. No sauce, fresh mozz and riccotta and some mild veggies in addition to regular cheese blend.

They both sell pretty well, and my wife was thrilled to “make the menu”.

Last edited:
On of the things I did before I opened is got menu ideas from anywhere I could find a pizza menu.

A good place to start is look at the web sites of the members here and see if there is any thing that grabs your attention then PM the person for more details. Most of us are more that happy to help.

Last edited:
Daddio,
I checked out your website and you have some unique specialty pies. How do the pies with salad dressing sell?
To everyone else thanks for the responses, you had some really good input to offer.
Steve

Last edited:
HERES A COUPLE:

THE MEDITERANEAN: ON A BASIL PESTO HERB BASE, ROMA TOMATOES, FETA CHEESE, KALAMATA OLIVES, FRESH GARLIC, MARINATED ARTICHOKE HEARTS, SMOTHERED IN GRANDE CHEESE.

THAI CHICKEN:
ON A PANDONG THAI PEANUT SAUCE BASE, CHICKEN MARINATED IN TERYAKI GLAZE, SPINACH LEAVES, ROASTED RED PEPPERS, STRINGED CARROTS, FRESH GARLIC, SMOTHERED IN GRANDE CHEESE.

THE KETCHIKAN:
TAKE BASIL HERB PESTO AND MIX EQUAL PARTS OF CREAM CHEESE TO MAKE A THICK BASE, ADD SMOKED ALASKAN KING SALMON, FRESH GARLIC, SPRINKLE OF DILL, SPRINKLE OF FRESH ANISE, AND A SPRINKLE OF SMOKED MOZZARELLA CHEESE.

Last edited:
Back