Mailings to existing customers

Looking to make and send out a postcard to our existing customers. For those of you who have done this what kind of offers work best? This would be our first time doing this so not sure what kind of offer would bring in a maximum response. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have been doing this for 10 years. what works best for us has always been a dollar amount off. $3 off a $20 or more order. $5 off a $50 or more order. I do not deliver. I am sure it is different for delivery locations.

Testing of various offers is the best idea…Sometimes just mailing a new menu to your existing customers will get orders…Other times you may need to be more aggressive with your offers…If you start too aggressive it can be hard to turn back the clock and your customer will keep expecting the deals…

Are you doing Lazy Customer mailings or hitting everyone in your database?

We’re carpet bombing with Mailshark right now and we’re only advertising our standard deals already on the menu. Those are all package/multi-pizza deals: order x, y and z/get 2 large 1-topping pizzas for $xx.xx.

When we do lazy-customer mailings to inactive-for-30/60/90-day customers, they get progressively more aggressive as time goes on. We offered a percentage off or a free item w/purchase.

If you’re looking to mail to your existing customers, what better way to do it than a Christmas card with a gift certificate inside?

This works for me.
I mail a menu to my customer database 4 times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk