Mailshark - Break

I’ve been using Mail Shark for about 2 years and I really think it was key in helping me survive when PH moved into our small town. It’s a great service and the staff is awesome to work with. But now that two of my competitors has closed and it’s just me and PH for pizza places (a couple restaurants have pizza, but not really pizza places) Do I need to be marketing so aggressively? I’m in a town of about 2,800 homes with 5 mailing routes and am hitting each route 5 times a year. I am very active on social media and have been in town for almost 8 years, am I wrong to think " I shouldn’t need to be direct mail marketing as much as I do"? I’d like to still do menus a couple times a year maybe via EDDM to get my menus in peoples hands.

Why stop a good thing? Not only do continue successful marketing, but I’m always looking for additional ideas! I do not use Mail Shark, BUT, if it’s worked for you, DO NOT STOP.

With any kind of marketing you need to find your “sweet spot”…You may find that sending out menus 5 times a year makes you more money than only 3 times a year…And I do not mean revenue, I mean on the “bottom line”…5 times a year should generate more revenue, but because it costs you more, it may not make you more money…So you you need to figure out what frequency works best…

Another thought that comes to mind is more frequency with less deals might be more profitable than less frequency with more deals…So maybe you could change the focus to more promotion of your brand, products, etc. versus prices and deals…