Making Sense of Recycling Food Packaging

RonnieStraley

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to reduce my environmental footprint by recycling more of my food packaging, but I’m finding it a bit confusing. Which types of packaging can actually be recycled, and how do you prepare them properly?

I’ve heard mixed things about whether all recycling programs actually recycle what they collect. Let’s chat about our experiences with local recycling, share tips on sorting and preparing packaging for recycling, and maybe explore some alternative packaging options that are better for the planet.

Steel cans are infinitely recyclable. Many landfills automatically extract steel magnetically from their waste stream, even if they separately accept steel cans for recycling.

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to reduce my environmental footprint by recycling more of my food packaging, but I’m finding it a bit confusing. Which types of packaging can actually be recycled, and how do you prepare them properly?

I’ve heard mixed things about whether all recycling programs actually recycle what they collect. Let’s chat about our experiences with local recycling, share tips on sorting and preparing packaging for recycling, and maybe explore some alternative packaging options that are better for the planet.
When recycling food packaging, focus on materials like cardboard, paper, glass, and certain plastics marked with recycling codes 1, 2, and sometimes 5, plus metal cans.

Back