Market Share?

so what happens when your sales are over 150% market share…
Seriously, I know we are THE place amongst 9 indys & 1 dominos but I think this formula is flawed especially when most of my regulars order every week…I know I am not complaining, but you can always improve!

Stevearino writes:

Seriously, I know we are THE place amongst 9 indys & 1 dominos but I think this formula is flawed especially when most of my regulars order every week…I know I am not complaining, but you can always improve!

Good input. I thought of that myself based on the numbers they put on the website. However, along with the sales numbers they also stated that only 70% of families report ordering pizza as frequently as once per month. So while you say most of your regulars order from you every week, there’s still 30% of your local market’s population that doesn’t order… at all. That’s why the “average” household orders $17.45/month. There are some households who live on pizza while others simply choose an alternative.

But, I’m sure, like any political campaign there is a margin for error of +/- 5%. With that said, it’s a great indicator of how you’re doing. Again, good point Sterearino. -J_r0kk

We’ve tried several things like the discount, and we have identified that in our market, we are simply not going to access a certain segment. They are just never going to order from us for various reasons. In our town, the seniors also very include a large population of very low fixed income. Just a part of the marketplace we work in. We do not currently offer a discount, though. we will definitely consider the coffee thing when dine in focus comes around. We will be offering more variety in meal options at that point, too, in addition to pizza/wings/pasta. We’ll still likely leave about 20% of the marketshare out of our reach. Maybe a diner will come in and grab them up to meet their needs.

We have had free dinners for the senior center, donated meals to neighboring retirement and residential nursing centers. We do this to give back to the community, and not to entice older customers, though. It’s just the world we live in . . .