Meatball recipe

Does anyone have a meatball recipe that they would like to share? Not happy with the ones I’m making and would appreciate some input. Thanks.

We done make our own but fontaini has a great product. They taste great!

Thanks, but I’m in Tokyo so not an option. Getting pretty close to what I want but wouldn’t mind some input. Thanks again.

Half beef
Half pork
Eggs
Breadcrumbs
Italian parsley(fresh)
Fresh garlic
Romano cheese
Salt and pepper

Cook in covered roasting pan so they steam themselves. Keeps them moist.

sounds spot on to a traditional meatball… :slight_smile:

And I’ll add…

Mix by hand, not by a mixer, as it toughens up the finished product…

With a little experience you’ll find out the “window” of enough mixing. too much, and they are dense, tough and unpleasant. Not enough, and they don’t stay together quite well enough and ingredients aren’t well mixed. Mix lightly without mashing until just mixed through and the mixture is very tacky . . . it is an important element of all sorts of “sausage” techinques it turns out.

With a little experience you’ll find out the “window” of enough mixing. too much, and they are dense, tough and unpleasant. Not enough, and they don’t stay together quite well enough and ingredients aren’t well mixed. Mix lightly without mashing until just mixed through and the mixture is very tacky . . . it is an important element of all sorts of “sausage” techinques it turns out.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your feedback.