Menu Additions

Hi,
Thinking of adding either pasta or ribs to my menu. Any suggestions? I think I would just like to add one & am leaning towards the Ribs. Can I cook them in a conveyor oven?

you can “finish” ribs in your conveyor quite nicely, but I would not “cook” them, but you could…a smoker or convection oven might be preferred…

If you skinned them, marinated them in liquid smoke & Italian dressing for several hours, then place them on a baking sheet, wrapped w/foil…set the oven for, say 350 and 60 minutes conveyor time, running them thru twice, the chilling…sauce to order & place on a screen w/silicone paper & run thru like a pizza, you might have a passable product…

add some garlic bread & some spuds, or combo w/a pizza…

We sell heaps of ribs that we marinate and cook ourselves.

After cutiing the full rib into smaller sections we then sprinkle meat tenderiser on them. The ribs are then put into large tubs and our marinade poured over them. We use 65% Smokey BBQ Marianade Sauce and 35% pineapple juice (drained from our pineapple pieces cans). This poured over the ribs and left to marinate for 24 hours.

We put he ribs through our MMPS360 conveyor for 7 minutes @ 220 celsius on one side and then turn them and do it again. They are then put into foil containers at 10 ribs @ 460gm and put into the coolroom.

When ordered we take them out and put into the microwave (1600 watt commercial) for 30 seconds to take the chill off. The ribs are then basted in a BBQ sauce and put through the oven in the foil tray for 7 minutes @ 260 celsius. They come out fantastic and customers love them.

We just got through adding pasta to our menu. It has been doing very well with very little advertising. We tested Ribs for a Super Bowl promo, but they weren’t 100% coming out of our oven.

We are using a frozen pasta even to make the prep even easier. The margins on pasta seems like it would be better then ribs as well.

are you near a GFS?
you have to try kc wings with some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce

We use frozen lasagna & manicotti pasta, thaw in the mico then prepare as if they were fresh. We add 3 extra cheeses and our sauce - works great.

I’ve been really suprised that spaghetti is the biggest seller, though. We tried the frozen kind from our vendor and it was awful - I make fresh ever 4 days. It keeps well in the walk-in if you cover it completely in water. Portion out per order, mico for 1 minute - add cheese then run through the overn (we use conveyor).

trix w/pasta…

after you cook it - DON’T rinse it!!! Your sauce doesn’t “stick” to the sauce as well…

after you cook it “al dente”, drop some ice into the hot H20 to stop the cooling process…

then drain it and put it in a dough tray & toss w/oil and re-toss every few minutes until cooled…

portion in bags, layer & freeze…pasta freezes quite well…

you can micro back to order (60 sec) or keep some slacked out in cooler…

we use those small aluminum tins from oriental restaurants…put some sauce on the bottom, pasta & any goodies, then sauce on top…

run it thru the conveyor…

we usually put mozz on top as well…comes out awesome!!!

We freeze portioned pasta as well. Holds for a couple weeks in freezer . … longer gets stale/freezer burned. We refresh in boiling water for 30 to 45 seconds, toss with sauce, plate and sauce. We do penne, tortellini (5 minute cook) and spaghetti. It moves fine, and will do more when we get dine-in hopping. Meatballs (1 ounce each) are baked off, and frozen on cookie sheets, then portioned into bags or sealed in freezer bags. Reheat in microwave for about 80 seconds for 6.

We bake off our own lasagna in pans, chill and cut to portions. Wrap and freeze portions, and keep some in cooler for immediate use. 5 to 6 minutes in microwave and it’s ready to serve. Add a minute if frozen.

We will this summer add ravioli with a browned butter and spinach sauce, and maybe also a white sauce w/ parmesan.

We have 9 pasta dishes on our menu. They are great…low food cost. Not sure if you can spare a burner bit they sell pasta pots that have 4 indvidual strainers that hang on the side with hot water in the pot. We take the pasta from frozen to ready in about 45 second as needed per order