Middleby Marshall PR 15

Can anyone give me a review of this oven? Deciding what oven to buy and I stumbled on this one.

Hi Windy:

Thats an old, probably more than 30 years old ,revolving oven.

Not, in my opinion, the thing for pizza unless you are baking double thick with a top crust.

George Mills

WCP;
Great reel type oven for Chicago style pizzas. Many of these ovens have a solid hearth and that’s good for pizza. The open grid shelf isn’t as good, but you can put composite decking material on the shelves. The capacity is 15 sheet pans (hence the “15”). This is a pretty typical type of oven that you will find in many Chicago pizzerias. Just make sure you have the floor space to accomodate the oven as once it is installed it’s in place for the duration. Also, make sure you understand all the details of moving the oven from the existing facility into your store. (It ain’t going through a door smaller than a garage door without disassembly).
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Thanks. It’s disassembled now so moving will be easy. Not so sure about reassembly.

If you’re in the Chicago area you might contact Cobblestone Ovens, Inc. at 800-325-0228 or www.coblestoneovens.com to see if they can provide any assistance (they deal primarily with the older MM ovens)

Can you recommend someone in the Austin, TX area? I’d actually be moving it down there. That’s where I’d be opening up.

WCP;
I don’t know of anyone there, but if you contact Cobblestone you can find out if they have anyone in that area that might be able to help you, or there might be a MM oven rep/sales office there that can assist.