Middleby ps 536 ovens

Does anyone own these ovens, if so, do you have any problems with cheese burning. I have used several different finger configurations( I only have one finger on top at the present time) with no difference. I have contacted Middleby several times, they are of no help, they say they never even heard of a hearth bake profile. I’m wondering if these ovens are just junk.

I don’t know who you talked to at Middleby-Marshall, but I’d give Lester Nowosad a call at 847-429-7767 lnowosad@middleby.com . Your oven should be full open across the bottom and then across the top: closed; open;closed; closed; partially open; closed. Your baking temperature should be about 485F with a baking time of 5.5-minutes. You should bake on the Lloyd Pans Hearth Bake disk for best results.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I don’t know who you talked to at Middleby-Marshall, but I’d give Lester Nowosad a call at 847-429-7767 lnowosad@middleby.com . Your oven should be full open across the bottom and then across the top: closed; open;closed; closed; partially open; closed. Your baking temperature should be about 485F with a baking time of 5.5-minutes. You should bake on the Lloyd Pans Hearth Bake disk for best results.

Tom, What about a ps300 Electric?

With much respect sir.

what type of cheese are you using?
i had the same problem when i switched to mm360s.
i had to change cheese.
i was using roseli from us foods,not designed for this type of baking.

I’m using Grande 50/50 diced, By the way Tom, the 536 only has 4 fingers on top and four on the bottom

I don’t know about the PS-300 as I haven’t worked with it.

Oops, sorry about that. Still look at full open across the bottom. On the top, from the entry end, closed, open, closed, closed. If this doesn’t give enough color to the cheese put in a radiant panel for the #3 closed panel. In some cases where I’ve got a lot of veggies on the pizza, I like to have a partial panel in the #3 top position and a radiant panel in the #4 position. This allows for a little more airflow to the top of the pizza which helps to remove some of the water released from the toppings. The radiant panels do a good job of putting heat to the top of the pizza without the intense airflow, so from a baking perspective, the top of the pizza is baked more like it would be in a deck oven. There’s a lot that can be done with an air impingement oven in terms of modifying the baking profile. The trick is in finding what works best for your product mix, that’s where a good oven rep comes into play.