Most Popular Beers

I’m getting a beer and wine liquor license and I’m looking for your experience in the top selling beers in your pizzerias. My instincts say:

Bud
Miller Lite
Coors Lite
One microbrew such as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Redhook

Region is absolutely everything. Wisconsin will find Leinenkugel’s quite popular, and Atlanta has the Sweetwater Brewery that is growing in popularity amongst independents.

Bud and Bud Lite have an alarming following, though. Hard to argue with that as a foundation. We will resist that combination when we start out, and try to get patrons to trust Sweetwater, the regional beer near us. (and some Leiney if we can get it).

That’s just about my limited selection.
Coors is outselling Bud, but I’m thinking that’s pretty regional…

Well, of course, here in the home of Anheuser-Busch, we definitely have to say Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Select! But I would have to agree with the others, that it is probably a very regional thing.

Out here in Arizona it pretty much goes Bud Light, Bud, Miller Lite, then Coors light. Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire, or Samuel Adams would all be great choices for a “micro.” One of my personal micro favorites is the pale ale from Stone Brewing, and they have some other great products as well. Good luck!

I HAVE A COUPLE GOOD ONES FOR YOU
PERONI-ITALAN
DORTMUNDER DARK-GERMAN
STELLA ARTOIS-BELGIUM
NEGRA MODELO-MEXICAN
THESE ARE GREAT IMPORTS THAT COVER A LARGE SPECTRUM…
MOST POPULAR IS BUD,THEN MILLER LIGHT AND CORONA

Not to be picky, but Red Hook, Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams are hardly “micro”… they are national premium brands, sure, but not micro brews.

If you want a micro brew, go find one in your city. They exist almost everywhere and many of them sell kegs. It is a good idea to do, but if you are going to position yourself with your beer and claim to have micro brew, get a real one.

While once Micros, they are now more properly “craft breweries” since they have reached a much higher ;production volume, and aren’t so much contracting their brews out to other facilities as they originally did.

Killians Irish Red
Arrogant Bastard Ale
and of course
Guinness

If you REALLY want some beers that will blow everyone away then you can’t get any better than Little Creatures from Fremantle just south of Perth Western Australia.

Started out as a micro brewery and went on to be named the BEST beer in the WORLD !!!

You guys have no idea how good their range of beers taste and what you are all MISSING.

Imagine for a moment if you put Little Creatures in you would have people lining up around the block to get a taste. Of course pizzas go great with their beer - they do a great woodfired pizza menu at their micro brewery / alehouse.

Just another great product from Western Australia :wink:

Eat your hearts out :lol:

Dave

My favorite is FREE BEER :lol:

Best answer yet!

Free beer is my favorite too - along with free pizza. But neither do much for the bottom line… :wink:

Not be be a party pooper, but don’t your beer distributors have minimum orders? Unless you are doing $10,000/week, 3-4 cases of longnecks of Bud or Coors will go bad before you can use 'em.

I’m sure the redhook is the Bud vendor, but I’m not sure of the others. In fact , I would be surprised if those distributors let you open with 1 flavor.

And my problem has always been when my selection gets too wide, I have refrigeration space issues.

Good luck on the alcohol sales…it should be a nice boost to your average ticket on the weekends.

Yuengling Black & Tan. Made in the oldest brewery in America.

It’s the beer Gods greatest creation. After a round of golf, an icey cold bottle goes down sooo smooth.

I had too much “free beer” last night and I can tell you I did not enjoy it as much as when I was in my 20s…This 50ish person is suffering a little today…