Multiple locations and pricing.

For those that have multiple locations, is your menu price the same? If you look at a area and the local independents are a lot cheaper than you, will this be a deciding factor not to enter that area or are you more than willing to lower your menu price???

pizzatime writes:

For those that have multiple locations, is your menu price the same? If you look at a area and the local independents are a lot cheaper than you, will this be a deciding factor not to enter that area or are you more than willing to lower your menu price???

I’ve course I’m a big advocate for advertising with coupon specials so my opinions might be biased, but in my experience, it’s not the menu prices that should change. It’s actually the coupon specials that should be modified based on the response from the customer.

Perfect example, almost every corporate store we have advertises a “Create your own masterpiece” special. Which you pick the crust, you pick the sauce, you pick the toppings (up to 5 toppings) for $12.99. That special rocks in the higher profile markets. In my market, however, where it’s mostly military and a lower income blue-collar type of demographic, we got limited response off that coupon special. We’ve actually lowered the price to $10.99 and now have gotten the kind of return we’d normally get in the corporate stores.

In answer to your question, I’d say “yes”, you’d have to adjust according to what the market is dictating to you. However, I think the adjustments would be better suited for the consistency of your company if they were made in the local store marketing aspect of your business and not the overall menu pricing. Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

In my company every store has the same pricing, even the stores in different states. Our POS systems are all linkable and to ease the burden of our “Computer Guy” if you can call him that… our prices are all the same. It also helps with costing and what not.