NEED HELP BUYING A PIZZA OVEN...

I am looking to purchase a small pizza oven for my 300 sqft location at a mall in Brooklyn. I would appreciate if someone can recommend an oven that can be used without the vent/hood. I believe my only option is to get a convection oven but does anyone know if a convection oven can be used in a mall without the vent/hood?

God Bless.

Call the building department in your city or county. Where I live you can use some single electric impinger ovens without a vent or a hood but that might be different in different places.

Bodegahwy Is correct your best bet is to find out what if any un-vented oven you will be allowed to use, some conveyor ovens have built in converter systems but they are costly and may be to large for you.
Just how much space can you use for an oven?

George Mills

Thank you Sir.
Actually, I did this morning. The fire department said, IF its an electric oven then vent is not needed. Now my search begins for an electric oven - I think i will go for a Turbo Chef Fire oven. Any suggestions: :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Have a Nice Weekend.

Thank you Sir.
Actually, I did this morning. The fire department said, IF its an electric oven then vent is not needed. Now my search begins for an electric oven - I think i will go for a Turbo Chef Fire oven. Any suggestions: :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Have a Nice Weekend.

I need to fit into this space. Any thoughts please? Any recommendations?

thanks

Nice photo could you give us the dimensions? Don’t want to guess.
And need to know what your jurisdiction will allow in order to answer.
George Mills

Fires are amazing ovens, and they are expensive, and you can only cook one pizza at a time. I feel they were designed to mimic a 900 degree wood fired oven. If that is your intentions then I say go for it. Each pizza will be done in 90 seconds and you won’t need more than 2. if you are looking to use them for regular pizzas with a 5-7 minute burn you may be shooting yourself in the foot. You will quickly find, when you get busy, the pizzas backing up at the oven.

Mr. Mills,
I appreciate your response.

I believe the dimensions are between 5-6 feet in both width and height.

thanks

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. You have definitely brought a very good point that i have not thought of…I have space (as shown in the pic) to put 2 Fire oven or may be another model that has two decks but like you have said, these ovens are expensive. I looked around, the fire oven is for $4k on webstaurant. I figure if the cooking time is reduced to less than three minutes then its doable. Who would not wait five minutes when they order a pizza…?

Do you have any better options or suggestions, please?

thanks

I think the Lincoln 2500 would be best for you

George Mills

Go check out what @George Mills said he is our resident equipment expert. I just know about the Fire because I was able to demo one during some R&D. If you like turboChef check out their H conveyor air impingement ovens…I also demo one of those…

My take away was that they are great ovens that have a lot of bells and whistles it seemed like they can be drilled into a very exact cooking method. They have multiple fans and you work with air flow percentages rather than changing out plates like traditional air impingement ovens. That being said bells and whistles break and I can see this expensive unit needing costly repairs over time.

I did also demo a lincoln oven and unfortunately it wasn’t set up to cook pizza it was set up to cook proteins so all my pizzas came out wonky. It was almost half the price of the H and it seemed to be built to last. it was much quieter and threw out much less heat.

Thanks a lot, Mr. Mills.

You are welcome, You will find when you are as old as I am 88, one of the best remaining pleasure is to feel that you can still be able to help others.
George Mills