Need some help with promotional and advertising ideas...

Its me again,

Id like to get some input from you all on what types fo advertising works best for you and what promotional ideas work best as well. I listed some more specific concerns below.

Box toppers?..where do I buy them, who designs them…etc.

Menu Design/ Layout?..who do I go to for the tri-fold paper ones

Poker Chips?..Id like to give a poker chip for every $20 the customer spends on food and drinks…collect (10) and get a free 1 topping 16"…Is that too generous? And where do i go for my poker chips?

Door Hangers?..Who designs them and makes them? Whats the best way to distribute them?

Phone Book…big ad or small ad?

Magnets?..

Obviously you all get the point, I could go on for days…just throw what you can at me…As always, I am very grateful for your replies.

Danny

Good afternoon - I’m the Marketing Director for Taradel Printing, we provide many PMQ members and pizza shops across the country with menus, flyers, box toppers, etc. If you need print advertising, I can help you with design and printing for super low prices.

If you’d like to check out what we have to offer, please fill out a sample request form at the link below. I’ll send you everything for free, thanks! Good luck to you!

http://www.taradel.com/Free-Sample-Request-survey4

65% of my business is fridge magnets, however, I always say a great full colour menu will give you the best return so that needs to be the starting point…I prefer an 11 x 17 tri-fold so it gets noticed…And my best results were door hanging with my menu every 3 weeks and no coupons…In my last pizza place we were proud to advertise the most expensive pizza in town…But to support that you have to be in your clients face frequently…

Then fridge magnets… See link in my signature for U$ pricing on Biz Card magnets… If you want a sample kit, please use this link… http://www.magnetking.biz/ideakit.cfm?

Some will swear by a big phone book ad and others will just swear at the phone company when they get a big bill and little results…As with most advertising you only know it works after you have spent a bunch of money…So you might have to test…Start small and get bigger if it works…

As far as loyalty programs, I really hate the ones you have to collect stuff…A POS will take care of this for you and your clients…And in my mind you do not need to give away food that is your primary product…Folks already pay for your pizza…So give away some extras that are not best sellers or a promotional product (like a tee shirt or travel mug)…

And read the archives here…You could spent all the money in the world for the best consultant there is and still not get the good, bad and ugly advice you can find here for free…And just like any “brainstorming” session there will be lots of stuff you need to ignore…But you need to consider it all…

Good luck…

The FAQ on this site, are prob the best place for anyone wanting to open a place to start. I am 90% sure any question you would have is listed there in one form or another.

It will take many hrs to get through it. but you will come out the otherside 120% more informed and ready to open then pretty much anyone who has opened a place usually is.