New buildout Oven/hood issues

We are currently moving our shop into a 6 story retirement condo with an area designed to be a restaurant.

Our problem is that we are now being told that the ventilation (which was agreed that they would handle) is going to cost upwards of 100k. They are proposing instead that we use an electric convection oven which I am very weary about considering our product has always been produced on deck ovens.

Can anyone weigh in on any possible hood-less variants of ovens that could be used and if there is any possible way of using these ovens (which they are suggesting).

Thank you

XLT Ovens have built in hood from what I understand, I don’t own one but looked at them 5+ years ago. If you need a fryer, I’d suggest an MTI AutoFry. It’s a self contained smart fryer

Thank you for your response Steve. Unfortunately our issue is that running the welded ventilation to the roof for the make-up air I believe is the expense that they are attempting to avoid…

I’m hoping for some alternatives to using a hood at all, I have seen some “vent-less hoods” but I’m quite skeptical and don’t know much about them.

I’m not sure you would need a dedicated make up air at that point, wouldn’t that technically already be your current hvac setup? Might be something to run by your township

XLT hood still requires ductwork/exhaust, as will any hood.

They didn’t do any research before agreeing to handle the ventilation?

I assume your space does not have an outside wall that you could mount the fan on?

It does have an outside wall, I’m meeting myself with an HVAC person on Monday to verify if they can do a wall mounted make-up air unit on the outside wall.

I had assumed that’s what they would do originally but maybe it’s not possible with a 10 ft hood for the displacement needed?

Please give us a call at 888-443-2751 if you have any questions about XLT Hood :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think the oven they are suggesting will work. There are electric deck ovens though. If you vent through the wall, the condos above the vent may not be excited about and fumes or smoke. This might be why the company was looking at venting to roof.