New vs. Traditional Marketing: A TT Experiment

I’ve been working on an experiment, both for my own benefit and to share with the Think Tank. IWe’ve all been pounded with info on why we need to use social networking to promote our businesses, but there’s been few case studies available for us to look over. So, I decided to make one of my own.

Event: Hornet (our mascot) Day for local college students. They show their student ID and get $5.99 XL (16") single topping pizzas and 1/2 price “Bone’z” (breadsticks).

Promotion: I did one about 6 weeks ago and only used door hangers, fliers, box toppers and posters to promote it. I’m doing a second one tomorrow that will be promoted 90% through a facebook event, page, posts and ad.

I’ll give as much of a detailed comparison of the two events as possible, but I wanted to give those of you who are interested in the results a chance to give me any specific information you would like to know so I can make sure I have it available.

Taking a Union Break, it’s 2 p.m. and we have been flying since we opened the doors at 11.

Food cost is a little high today, but not terrible. Just noticed that labor is only sitting at 11%, so that off sets it pretty well.