No crunch to middle base crust ?

Hi Guys/Tom,
Would love any suggestions to troubleshooting this problem.
The middle(bottom) of our pizza bases don’t have any crunch and I feel they’re a little character less…basically they seem cooked but are too soft.
We try and do a thin and crispy base (53% hydration, scaled, balled, into cool room, cross stacked, then 24 hrs in cool room).
Our balls are 240g(8.4 ounces), rolled three times to size of 13 inch perforated aluminium tray, and cooked for 4min45 secs at 255degrees celsius (490farenheit) in a wow ps640.
We get these great thin, light, and crispy outer crust…but the centre bottom crust is a let down.
Customers don’t comment…but I really want to improve it.
I find that if I only put it through the sheet twice (say 2/3rds size of tray), then hand stretch…the outside crust loses it fun crisp character which customers love and becomes a little thicker/bready.
Basically I want the best of both worlds…I want the ultra thin outside crust but still want the bottom of the base in the centre to have some crunch(which it doesn’t).
Would love any thoughts or help…
Our shop is 6 weeks old and doing really solid business (150pizzas on wkend nights/pickup only), but I really want to take it to the next level now.

Try a lower temp and longer time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Steve. Drop the baking temperature to 465 and set the time for a 5.5-minute bake and bench mark from there.
Additionally, you say that you are using a perforated aluminum disk/tray for your baking platform. Is it bright in color or a dark color anodized finish?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Thanks for the help guys…that advice definitely helped.
Found about 455 for 5.5 minutes works pretty well.
Happy to concede a minute’s cooking time for quality.

Glad it helped. What kind of oven?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I like to hear! Quality pizza over a fast pizza!
Way to go!:slight_smile:
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Hi Steve, have WOW PS640G.
Impingment fingers are out of the box standard config.