No Crust Pizza?

I had a request the other day for a “no crust” pizza. I guess the idea is that you build the pie on something like parchment… sauce, toppings, cheese etc rather than on dough.

Is this a thing? Do any of you do it? How do you do it? Do you sell many?

I guess I can see the appeal for someone trying to cut carbs… but otherwise, why? Seems like a hot salad with cheese.

This has been discussed here a bit. I don’t serve one but some other members do.

http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/best-advertising-i-have-done-on-facebook.19287/#post-113453

Thanks for reminding me of that thread Paul. The part of that discussion that stuck with me was the part about guaranteeing your competitor’s product which I loved.

sausage crust. Never had anyone ask for it. Tried doing it once. Actually on quite a few menus in some pizza places i have seen in west suburbs of Chicago. I tried it in pan. Slightly oiled the pan. Flattened out raw sausage on bottom of pan thin, sauced it and went light cheese and pepperoni. Came out better than I thought. Super greasy though. If I had to do it again I would go super light with the oil and probably cook the sausage in the pan for a few minutes first and then pull it out of the oven and sauce and put any other topping on. Better than I thought. I guess if your looking for no bread, this is one way to do it.

Probably could just omit the oil, since sausage (especially raw) is mostly fat anyway.