On the fence about the business!!HELP!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Maybe some of you experienced guys can help!! I’m right on the edge of diving into the pizza business, but keep having second thoughts. Im in a decent town(67,000 people), lots of pizza joints, but am really thinking about starting up a delivery/carryout business with pizzas, subs, salads and cold beverages. Its gonna be a simple menu with with experience making it(we are using a pizza recipe that was used in this town a long time ago that made this pizza shop the most popular in town) Right now I see shops come and go, but all seem to taste the same no matter where you go in town. I know we can make a real good product that is unique compared to the others in town. I was just wondering some of the ins and outs of the business. Whats the usual profits/losses the first few months, what problems could i experience, etc. Just kind of teetering back and forth right now and hoping something will just kick me to one side or the other!!! Thanks for any help guys!!!

newpizzaguy:
Maybe some of you experienced guys can help!! I’m right on the edge of diving into the pizza business, but keep having second thoughts. Im in a decent town(67,000 people), lots of pizza joints, but am really thinking about starting up a delivery/carryout business with pizzas, subs, salads and cold beverages. Its gonna be a simple menu with with experience making it(we are using a pizza recipe that was used in this town a long time ago that made this pizza shop the most popular in town) Right now I see shops come and go, but all seem to taste the same no matter where you go in town. I know we can make a real good product that is unique compared to the others in town. I was just wondering some of the ins and outs of the business. Whats the usual profits/losses the first few months, what problems could i experience, etc. Just kind of teetering back and forth right now and hoping something will just kick me to one side or the other!!! Thanks for any help guys!!!
I am doing the same, further along than you.
My best recommendation is to attend a pizza show, meet a lot of people in the business, take some enlightening seminars, and knowing that it will seem rather overwhelming.
There are 2 good shows in September, check them out, invest the time first.
good luck,
Otis

Back