onions

Does anyone use red onions? Whats the most popular kind for a pizza? Sliced or diced?

from my experience, customers seem to like the chopped instead of slice into rings onions…easier to eat, I think…
red or white did nit seem to make a difference,
Otis

I’ve got a NEMCO veggie slicer attached to my can master. It slices my red onions into 3/16th" x 1 1/2" consistently. Personally, I prefer red onions over yellow.

-J_r0kk

I prefer slices sliced very thin and no more than one inch long, the thinner you slice a veggie like an onion, the more flavor it puts in the food. Also, they cook better on a pizza sliced thin.

Slicing works a lot better for us than chopping. Vidalia onions are my personal favorite - love the taste so since I am the owner that’s what we use.

We use Red Onions…

I prefer sliced also. Very rarely do we get somebody that requests for their onions to be diced. We also slice our green peppers.

This is my perception but I think diced Green Peppers & Onions look “processed” and sliced look more “home made”. I think Diced would fit in well, if you were a cheaper restaurant, like a little ceasars. But sliced would go better on a more upper-class pizza.

And again… Just my perception… :slight_smile:

Thanks

• Rob

Re: onions/ Easy Slicer

J_r0kk,

Do I understand correctly that the Nemco Easy Slicer can be attached to the same base as their can opener ?......that is neat if the case, I am considering buying both.

Have you ever used a shredder blade that you can put on the Easy Slicer ?

Otis

Hello Brandy,We use red onions and get nothing but compliments on them we slice them so that we can also use these on our Hoagies.

Hi. We use red onions on all our pizzas but we do have a specialty pizza that has green onions on it. We dice the red ones with the machine and hand slice the green ones when the pizza is ordered.

Re: onions/ Easy Slicer

Otis wrote:

J_r0kk,

Do I understand correctly that the Nemco Easy Slicer can be attached to the same base as their can opener ?..that is neat if the case, I am considering buying both.

Have you ever used a shredder blade that you can put on the Easy Slicer ?

Otis

Otis, it’s actually a can master, or can rack. Check out the link:

http://www.instawares.com/low-profile-m … 54.0.7.htm

I have a can opener attached to one side and the veggie slicer attached to the front.

As far as the shredder blade, no. I’ve got the shredder attachment on the Hobart mixer to shred all my cheese for me.

-J_r0kk