Online Ordering

This could be done. They just do not want to program it as it is probably not worth their time. It would require checking your cart and applying a coupon code if the required items are there. Many companies will do custom programming at a steep hourly rate.

This works with their online ordering module.

Lets say your deal is, buy 1 Get 2nd one for 50% off.

When the customer orders 2 Regular Pies thru the website, The online ordering system will automatically apply the deal for them. You can even go further and restrict it to certain pizzas. (good for only regular pizzas, not gourmet ones)
The system is set up to intergrate with the POS.

The system is really capable of doing most anything.
Small price for a top-notch system.
I’m still learning all the features.

RobT

does the online system need to be compatable with your POS.
I use Ehungry.com…$10/mo + $.20 per order.

Hey Nap,

I’m thinking about using ehungry.com - how about a char ref…??? TIA.

Cons: They don’t answer their phone. Email is also slow.

one of the ways around this is to offer a % or $ discount when you spend over a certain amount.

Lets say that your pizza is normally $10 so buy one get one half price = $15

If you can’t do the half price on the second pizza then offer 25% off when you spend over $20

An online system is never going to be as flexible as you can be in store. When we first started online 5 years ago the system couldn’t offer much in the way of deals so we had the get 20% off when you spend over 20.00. That offer has been on my menu for 5 years and even though we have introduced meal deals a few years ago the majority of people who use a deal or offer use this one (even though some meal deals are much better value.)

Hope this helps.

Wiz

You just pointed out the whole problem here. I have been offereing this discount for 5 years. People expect the same discount they have always gotten.

There is a problem with the % off on orders over $XX. There are some items on my menu the NEVER get discounted (even for staff) so the need to differentiate products on the order iss still there.

Its just an option to consider - You could exclude things from the discount - but remeber your discounting the whole spend rather than a product it is different.

I was in a similar position as you with the discount thing. All I can tell you is that for me I do over 40% online business with at least 25% paid online and the average ticket price (inc discounts) is higher than my over the phone/counter price. It is one of the biggest labour savings I have and a great way to market people via email with a lonk direct to the site.

I too have had offers in store for a long time (2nd pizza half price being one of them) but I couldn’t do that online 5 years ago - my choice offer something different and boy has it paid off! There are also things I do not discount in store and my offers in store and online differ but in 5 years of being online I can count on one hand the number of times (from 2 stores) that I’ve had someone ask for an online deal in store or visa versa (even though some are much better). Its a whole different mind set.

Wiz

What POS are you using Daddio?

Obviously it has been a while since I’ve been in the game, but check out http://www.epizza.cc – that guy is SOLID. If your POS company will work with him he will integrate it. It seems POS companies don’t really want to give out the info though so they can charge whatever they want and keep monthly revenue coming in.

Scott
It is no secret that I am using Point of Success.

Point of Success are launching their online ordering really soon, can’t wait and it seems afforadable

I was to be a Beta test site for them but they are not able to adapt my business model at this time.

as in your menu and its variables?

I have a standard offering of 40% discount on the second pizza. The Big Holler system that Point of Success is working with, is not able to do this type of discount at this point in time. The answer I got was, this is not “no” it is “not right now”

seems like a standard discount, hope I don’t run into the same problem as I have promos of all types…

BigHoller is addressing several discounting issues now. Don’t write us off just yet.

Hi Tony,

Check out some of the articles we’ve written in PMQ that cover the topic of online ordering. Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

http://digital.pmq.com/pizzamagazine/200801/?folio=49
http://digital.pmq.com/pizzamagazine/200806/?folio=42
http://digital.pmq.com/pizzamagazine/200907/?folio=36

We just bought a Revention POS.

We will launch the new POS at our store and the online ordering at the same time.

This is our first POS system even though we are a 45 year old business, needless to say we are a little scared but we are really excited to get all of this in motion.

Thanks for all the help and comments in this thread.

Tony