Opinion...

I would like to get your guys opinion on your ideal pizza

Thin
Pan - (if so how thick?)
Hand Tossed - (if so how thick?)
Thick - (if so how thick?)

My favorite is a hand tossed pizza using around 18-19oz of dough for a 16" pizza.

hey Paul how’s going
what size ball do you use for 12" small pie

Dennis

I use 15 oz for a 12" and 24 oz for a 16". I was just stating my favorite in the above post.

I like to stretch a 10oz dough ball to 14".

The thinner the better for me. I like to stretch an 8oz dough for a 16 inch pizza.

The thinner the better for me. I like to stretch an 8oz dough for a 16 inch pizza.

Is that even possible? LOL

I love all pizza and crusts. We use a 26oz for a hand tossed stretched to 16"

I’ll throw a curve. My favorite pizza is a place called JJ Twigs in Lake Zurich, IL. in the Northern burbs of Chicago. They offer a thin crust pie with a rolled edge but not stuffed. Gives you a great NY thickness in the middle and the way the sauce and cheese bakes up near the dough roll is a treat in itself. I know this goes against most posts on here about the “gum” line, but that is kind of what you got where the rolled edge meets the thin center. Another fav growing up was Jake’s pizza in Elk Grove. Their pizza was thin and had a definate gum line in the pie that for some reason worked with their pizza. You got an extra crispy bottom and a light coating of sauce that really made the top and bottom of a square…yes little squares… almost fall apart if you let them. The memories of old… How I miss those days! :!: Sorry I know this is not helping with the question at hand… :expressionless: