OTIS HOW WAS YOUR OPENING DAY!!!

:smiley: Otis, just checking in with you to see how your first day was? I hope everything went smooth. Tell us a little about what your shop looks like, and what besides pizza do you have on your menu?

I know his place used to look like a fancy fair vendorā€™s trailer with an awning and chairs beside it . . . I also want to know how the night went. He has a good head for it, and should have been peeling dough off the ceiling.

Opened Thursday and itā€™s been goodā€¦
for a trailer, tent, and electric delivery buggy in a grocery store parking lot in a small desert town in AZ.
Ran out of dough about an hour before closing the first day. About 55 pizzas a day, just pizza and soda, keeping the 3 of us busy, especially me making the dough.
Made tthe mistake of making too large of a dough batch in my barrel mixer Thursday night, mixed it too long, dough got warm and sticky and was not goodā€¦
Q-Matic oven working good so far, tomorrowā€™s a new day,

I have photos of the ā€œpizza campā€,
if anyone wants to see them, I can send them to you by e-mail untill I can figure out how to get them on the ā€œwebā€ā€¦or attach one here, do not know how to do it now,

Otis :smiley:

Well for opening day, I think that sounds like things went pretty smooth.
Is there really anything better than the smell of pizza? Ohhhhh waitā€¦yeah the smell of money rolling in!

Congrats to you Otis!

kris

SORRY BUT WHAT DO YOU MEAN electric buggy ?
you are delivering pizza on a cady?

the electric car I am using is made by Global Electric Motors
hereā€™s the link

[http://www.gemcar.com/](http://www.gemcar.com/)

Otis

Is it the one in the photo?

If so itā€™s great ā€¦ but a little too small to tow your trailer :smiley:

Dave

yes, it is the smallest GEM,
somewhat novel, 30 mile range, 25mph max, does the short stuff OK, will have to employ another vehicle when I get busier,
I have a large HTH topper on it that I light at night, right by Main St. it is my biggest advertisement,
itā€™s different, novel and people likke itā€¦
not a equal substitute for a regular car
Otis

from the marketing geniuses here, j_orrk, Paul, Kyle, Fat Boy, and others, I am doing no formal advertising for 2 weeks after I openā€¦so far so good, am about 40% of what I want to averageā€¦
plan to pound the town with door door hangers, I have more than there are houses here for multiple applicationsā€¦
implementation is critical, I am still looking at the way I am going to get it done,
Otis

just got my first school order, 13 fourteen" pizzas !!
got it out in 50 minutes, allā€™s well
only have 40 something dough balls left for rest of day, hope we do no run out :shock:

Otis

Good for you Otis I hope you do run out they will call earlier next time.LOL 8) Makes you more money!!
Mystie