oven experience

Has anyone here ever used elec. lincoln impinger # 1162 or the 1130. How well did they cook and how many 16" pizza’s per hour. Any info would help… thanks

Hi Blavis:

Lincoln ovens, for the most part ,are as good as any. The Early 1100 series were the exception and did not perform very well I do not recognize the 1162 model the 1130 current model is their new express model and apparently is a good oven.

As to production of 16 in pizzas. Maximum capacity no space between close to 21.

In an actual operation probably 15 per hour.

Question why an electric oven? They are more costly to operate, do not recover as well as gas and do not produce as good a pizza.

If you are selecting electric thinking you will not need a hood, think again. Any cooking devise that raises the temperature of a product over 220 degrees requires a hood. in some few instances an inspector will allow a small electric single oven without a hood. Defiantly not always.

The object of kitchen ventilation is to remove cooking vapors, heat and smoke. those conditions exist be the source of the heat gas, electric or any other fuel.

George Mills

We have been in business over 2 years, started out with double blodgett deck oven, lp gas. it couldnt keep up but made good pizza, since then went back to triplestack lincoln impinger 1301 countertops, still get behind some on fridays and sat. i need more oven but not sure which way to go. i do have vented hood but i dont want it to be sweltering in kitchen. i only have access to LP or elect.any suggestions would help. how warm does it get in everyones kitchen? we do about $6000 to $7000 per week. thanks…

Hi Bilavis

We have been in business over 2 years, started out with double blodgett deck oven, lp gas. it couldnt keep up but made good pizza, since then went back to triplestack lincoln impinger 1301 countertops, still get behind some on fridays and sat. i need more oven but not sure which way to go.

GM, we almost never set up a pizza shop with anything less than 100 pizza per hour production capacity. I would suggest an oven with a 32 in wide belt and a 40 in long bake chamber. Best you get one that has the option of adding a third deck.

i do have vented hood but i dont want it to be sweltering in kitchen. GM, Is your kitchen overly warm now? Do you have a make up air unit? How much A/C do you have?

i only have access to LP or elect.any suggestions would help. I favor the LP over electric.

how warm does it get in everyones kitchen? GM, You would have to ask the members of this forum.

We do about $6000 to $7000 per week. GM,that is not great for a pizza operation, but I do not know Your operation.

George mills