ovens

i am going to buy ovens,i keep reading this and that about decks vs. conveyors.
i am not interested in decks,with that said,which conveyor is the best?
i just read in another thread that mm360s are old technology and should not be considered.i plan on doing quite a lot of pizzas,schools,factories,ect.ect.
i have had orders up to 115 pizzas,but had to decline them because i can only do about 15 per hour currently,my price point is 30,000 $

A double stack of the ovens used by Dominos, Little Caesars, Costco, , Hungry Howies and many others can be had for Less than your budget Production capacity 200 16 " pizzas per hour at 6 minute bake. More if your product bakes in less time.

thx for the reply,but
which ovens do they use,i planed on getting mm360s,but i keep reading how bad they are,and jrocc is looking for lincolns and blodgett ovens,WHY jrocc,do you not like the mm’s…???or is it the cost?

parts can be expensive, but you are buying a n=bit of older technology, but I’m not sure much has changed…ovens don’t break down all that often…

I’m told the BOFI is the spec oven for Dominoes and the trick I understand is its all stainless, thru & thru, so its easier 2 clean and parts can be obtained from Grainger…

I use MM 360, but prefer the CTX brand…also like & have used Q-Matics…

Each oven produces massive amounts of pies…

i know dominos just swutched to the BOFI xlt’s you can get a double stack 3255 for about 23k they do about 85 14" pizzas an hour ea

contact george mills on this post he will probably chime in soon

they are a really good oven

i have an original eflow and am in the process of getting a couple of 3240’s

they do about 65 14" an hour

Getting middleby 360’s would be a great move. There have been more pizzas cooked in these ovens than in any other oven in the world! Lincoln and blodgett don’t have a product available that can produce a bake as good as a mm 360 and bofi doesn’t have a long enough track record to dethrone the “king of ovens”. If there is one disadvantage of the 360’s it would have to be the top capacity. Somewhere between 100 and 150 large pizzas per hour will be your upper limit, depending on your cook time. Wouldn’t it be a nice problem to outgrow these ovens and have to upgrade to bigger ovens or a triple stack of a different model. Middleby’s 555’s and 570’s have the advantage of being able to be triple stacked (or quad stacked if you have Shaq and weeman as oventenders), Are a little more effecient, but they don’t cook any better IMHO. You should be able to pick up a double stack of 360’s between 8k (old and tired usually) and 18k(nicely refurbed).

When Jrokk and I talked through pm’s he told me he really liked the LI1450’s.After the MM discussion in the other post,I would also like to find out the efficiency and through put of a few different ovens.It seems like a deck oven would only work if you were really small,or large enough to have someone just devoted to doing ovens.
D

thx for the reply,but
which ovens do they use,i planed on getting mm360s,but i keep reading how bad they are,and jrocc is looking for lincolns and blodgett ovens,WHY jrocc,do you not like the mm’s…???or is it the cost?

When Jrokk and I talked through pm’s he told me he really liked the LI1450’s

I grew up in the pizza business using MM PS360Q’s. They’re actually pretty decent ovens. However, technology’s changed since then and there are many out there that are more efficient. The MM ovens aren’t very efficient at all, possessing a vent on the back of the oven that constantly blows out hot air (I never understood why that air didn’t blow on the pizzas). As far as the Lincoln’s are concerned, I just fell in love with the bake of the product. The only reason I posted about the Blodgett’s is because I found a killer deal on a doublestack for about $8500, which is a decent price for any 32" conveyor doublestack.

With that being said, I’m not too keen on the Blodgett’s. Though the price is right, I’m afraid I’ll get what I pay for, so I’m starting to shy away from these big monsters and looking at the big picture.

I like what I’m hearing about the BOFI XLT3240’s and 3255’s. 98% efficiency is a remarkable feat. The only downfall is there are no pre-owned XLT’s to be found (which is probably another endorsement for these ovens). And with my equipment budget in the $30k range, I need to be at $14k or under on ovens. Due to volume I expect in the new store, I require a 32" belt and cannot even invite the idea of a doublestack or triplestack with an 18" belt.

Don’t be fooled by the post I put up earlier when I was asking about the Blodgett ovens. I just wanted to get some opinions to see if they would change my mind about them (and I didn’t get any, as they all backed up the things I’ve heard).

If my budget for ovens were around $22k, I can assure you I’d go with the XLT’s… hands down. However, to get under the $14k mark, I’ll probably go with the Lincoln 1450’s, mainly because I know I can trust the bake as well as the capacity (up to 130 14" pies/hour). -J_r0kk

thx for the reply,but which ovens do they use? They use the XLT by BOFI

bofi doesn’t have a long enough track record to dethrone the “king of ovens”. I would note that XLT ovens have dethroned MM at Domino’s, Little Caesar’s, Costco, Hungry Howie’s and many other chains and independents.

George Mills

i started this post and reeeeaaally thank all for your input,
sorry i spelled j rokk wrong…
i wish i could go with the xlt,but they are to deep for my kitchen,i know i will need big production,and would like to triple stack,looks like i will go with mm360’s strait from the factory
thx again all