Over Worked Dough characteristics

On 3 speeds you should mix on 1st all the way. On 4 speeds after delayed oil addition you should go to 2nd. I will check y manual out of curiousity, I have a Blakeslee. Try it, see how it comes out. You will see it is always folding the dough and kneading it. You will even hear air pockets popping at 2nd speeed.

Interesting you bring up the non bromated flour. I use all trumps. Mix 5 mins. Stop add oil mix another 5. But when I do the same with say King Arthur sir Lancelot flour it doesn’t have a good oven spring and the dough balls fall flat on there face. No rise at all. Wonder if the mixing speed/time plays a roll in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You use all trumps regular or non bromated? I have been dealing with the non bromated issue for a while and cannot seem to get it exact. My results vary a lot compared to bromated which I would get the same exact dough results every single time. I have been told non bromated needs more mixing. I have tried that but still…
In my case I use full strength with lower protein levels.

The addition of bromate/potassium bromate has no impact upon the mixing of the dough. It is a VERY SLOW and delayed acting oxidizer which for the most part is not seen until the dough enters into the oven.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I use regular all trumps. The bromated version. I got the kasl down right just one time. The pizza came out so crispy and crunchy on the bottom with a thin bread layer. But I could never get it right since then. I think it’s a very temperamental flour. But when mastered it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro