Packaging For Take-&-Bake

Just got a client for a steady flow of take-&-bake pizzas Mon-Fri and I’m wondering how you all package these.

Pizza circle with plastic wrap. If you sell alot of them buy the machine that heats the bottom to strech it tight. Or for starters a blow dryer to the bottom will also strech it tight .Looks better than just wrapping it.

Good luck,

the problem w/shrink wrap & circles, is storing them in mass quantities…

Consider using a traditional pizza box - IF - they are using all the product shipped that day, otherwise I’d say use the shrink wrap/pizza box combo…

We used to stack par-bake pies on circles w/3 stacker supports, then shrink-wrap the whole batch & used a plastic recyclable box to ship…

Another issue to consider is how do they store product b4 use…

Never did take and bake, but there are three take 'n bake ONLY outfits where I live and they all Pressware trays. Also, there’s a couple of recipes here for t&b dough. I tried one of them myself – it worked nicely considering the 425F baking temperature.

Pactiv also makes a nice black tray (a bit pricey)but easy for the customer to use and you can throw the whole thing in the oven. Also looks very nice.

We actually use the Pactiv product…not black anymore…more tan in color. We stretch the pie onto the tray…top it and seal it with a shrinkwrap machine…and hand off to the customer in a cheap clay box with directions attached.

Works perfectly. Look on ebay for the shrinkwrap machine.

we do the same thing we wrap on the Pactiv then we add an instruction sheet, that has several specials…