Par baked storage..shelf life???

Hi There,

Hopefully somebody out there may be able to help me?? I own a woodfired pizza buisness that caters for festivals and events.
Ive been approached by a store to supply par baked woodfired pizza bases to sell on there shelves .
I have very little knowledge of par baking and from what I know I have to store the par baked product in a frezzer until consumtion.

How does this work when I see par baked products at room tempreture in a shop on a shelf… this would be ideal, rather than keeping them frozen but im unsure how this all works… and how long I can store them??

Can you help??

Look forward to receiving any advice…

Kind Regards

another question for thr Dr.

but, when I did par-baked shells, shelf life under refridgeration is 7-10 days, but I used a special formula that included a gum to help retain moisture…(these were topped pies - bread lasts longer when freezing vrs cooler time - topped pies tend to suffer after 10 days, a sauce/cheese issue)

You can add preservatives (like BHT) to stretch the life &/or keep it shelf stable, but there are some packaging issues…

Hi there…

Thanks for the advise, can you tell me what the Gum formula was to keep the moisture?? Im finding the drying out thing to be a problem with par baking…

Again thank for any help you can give me… Very appreceiated.

sad 2 say, the gum additive is quite expensive - only because you have 2 buy 100# or so @ at time…

TIC Gums 800-221-3953…think its was called Ticaloid Lite - a blend of 3 diferent gums…you use only a few oz. per 50# batch of dough…

you can use it in your regular production as well…pretty kewl stuff…

you can bake a slice pie & reheat it the next day and have little degradation…