paying delivery driver

You are entitled to make at least minimum wage (including your tips, but not including mileage) No doubt others will chime in with comments about mileage etc etc, but the bottom line is that if your earnings are less than that contact wage and hour.

I would quit and open my own pizza place. Then you get to make all the rules.

Pay your drivers at least min wage…If your delivery zone is comprised of crappy areas then you should also given them a run rate to compensate for the low tips…If you have a delivery charge it should all go to the driver…Don’t want to do that?..Then offer free delivery, & only pay the driver the min wage problem solved…Well sorta solved I guess… :o …If you’re not going to pay your drivers a runrate you better make sure the tip average in your delivery area is at least in the low 3’s…Otherwise you’ll probably have trouble finding anything of decent quality in a driver applicant…

Personally?..I’m not a fan nor believer that drivers should do any insider duites…If you must subject your drivers to dishes & so forth though?..Then you should definetly give them a decent runrate & no sub wages for their deliveries while paying them minimum wage or better for all their inside work…

No sub min wage though, I know yall are getting away with doing it on a legal basis as long as the “tip credit” rule prevails in your state…Still though, come on, drivers are worth more than sub wages…

I am not sure that indies are paying less than minimum. That is a PJ innovation.

Exactly, best option is to cut your losses right away, lose 20 bucks now, or stick around the crappy driving gig & lose 2000 bucks by next year…The so called “time to make arrangements for a new pizza gig”… That is unless he’s a masochist… :twisted: …

:lol:

There are indi owners here on this board that pay less than minimum wage, and have been doing so for quite some time.

Be very careful with this. Unless you have documented proof of this I suggest you back off.

So you have a crappy gig, however you like delivering pies otherwise I really don’t know why you’re still doing it…,I mean, I’m sure you follow every procedure by the book, since you’re such a stickler…What can I say, you’re the “DOL cut & paste KING”…Hat’s off, well… :stuck_out_tongue: I mean I’m sure you’re a very good employee with regards to doing the job…

Somethings you don’t seem capable of doing though…You can take nothing into consideration other than what you interpret from your DOL links…When it comes to pizzaDriver there are alot of pros & cons to be weighed…Not only the mileage pay one gets from their emplyer…

Try considering the delivery radius, the delivery demopgraphics, driver charisma, appearance, etc all play a major role in one’s success as a delivery driver, since for most drivers the bulk of the pay doesn’t come from mileage, rather it comes from tips…Which you & I as drivers have more control over, that is as professionals in our line of work…

I feel the very limited mindset you have exhibited over & over again really sets the bar quite low for driver morale…Keep on keep on waiting for your emplyer to pay you .55 cents a mile…Meanwhile time’s a passing here…

Unbelievable. You hijacked this thread from one of the legendary contributors to the Think Tank, who is deceased? Otis was a fine man. Why bring him into this?