Peel A Deal and fundraising

Has anyone used the Peel A Deal cards for fundraising? If so, how was your experience and what was your redemption rate?

Anyone else care to share their fund raising opportunities available to the community?

I have used peel-a-deal for three fundraisers. When I contacted them they were very professional to deal with. I sent a sample to them with the info I wanted on the card. They sent back a couple proofs that were way better than mine. They even gave me some recommendations based on their experience. I received the cards on the exact date promised. The whole process was very quick. I was impressed by everything that they were able to do.

I operate in Central PA which is rated as the worst area in the whole country for fundraising by Black Bear Marketing (Very Big Company). I would say that you can have good success with it because if I did in this area then anyone can. The one thing I did not like is how sticky the coupons are once you peel them and put them in your cash drawer.

I have done several other fundraisers with great success. In my opinion the value that you give is what sells. You have to think about what customers you want to target, what value you want to give them, how the fundraiser will benifit the organization, and how you can grow your business.

Redemption rate was about 15% to 25% on the peel-a-deal so far. I definatly feel that redemption rate is higher on credit card sized cards. People tend to keep them close everywhere they go. I have had up to 40% redemption on credit card sized fundraisers.

Thank you POTM.

I had requested literature and samples from them and they arrived in the mail today. I thought they looked very nice and am more than interested in using the credit card style ones. If you don’t mind could you post or message me what your card looked like and how you ran your program i.e. did you give the cards, sell them, how much? I’ll understand if you don’t want to disclose that.

Each organization had two weeks to sell them. Peel-a-deal supplies fund raiser forms for you to distribute. I gave them the cards they sold them. They turned in all the money and unsold cards. I write them a check. Cards are sold for $10 and I keep $4 for cost of free items on the card. I had one organization sell 320, one sold 120, and one sold 70.

My cards are one color (red print) with 8 coupons.

What does Peel-A-Deal sell the cards for?..

They cost $467.00 for 1,000 one color with shipping.

Do you remember what your coupons were on the cards?

Is 2,500 card too many for most folks?..I have a full colour option but the minimum is 2,500 cards…I am doing some research into to shipping from Canada into US market…Looks like the cost would about U$700.00 for 2,500 cards…

6 CUTS FREE
FREE EXPRESS WASH
2 FREE TOPPING ON 14 CUTS OR MORE
2 FREE TOPPING ON 14 CUTS OR MORE
FREE EXPRESS WASH WITH 12" PIZZA PURCHASE
FREE EXPRESS WASH WITH 12" PIZZA PURCHASE
BUY TWO STROMBOLIS GET ONE FREE
FREE BREADSTICKS WITH $5 PURCHASE

I own a car wash that is beside my pizza shop so I can combine the two. These deals cost me around $5.
The card has a $35 value and they sell for $10. I get $4 and they get $6.

To learn more about how to start a fundraising program using Peel-A-Deal Coupon cards check out our short video on our idea blog: http://peeladeal.com/blog/