PFM high gluten power flour VS PFM Mondako, question for TOM

We have been using the Mondoka for our pan pizza crusts and the shelf life is only about 18 hours before it falls.

We are a pan style pizza where we use warm water for the dough, cut and ball the dough right away and then roll it out to the size we want, and then place it into a oiled 2" pizza pan for proofing and then its cooled right away after proofed. Then we just pull it would of the cooler and make the pizzas as we need.

The issue I have is we switched from FSA signature flour to the PFM mondako flour and its much lighter and softer dough now.

From what I have been reading the Mondako is a 11% gluten flour as where the PFM Power flour high gluten is 14.5%

Will the high gluten flour help us get some shelf life back into the dough? with the FSA flour I could get 36 hours in the cooler before the flour would fall as I call it and be flat as a pancake. Now I use the Mondoka and im lucky to get 18-24hrs before it falls and is not good

Would the PFM power flour high gluten help us get some shelf life back into our dough, and what other changes would we see in the finished product with high gluten.

Thanks guys! Hope tom can help me out here

Re: PFM high gluten power flour VS PFM Mondako, question for

J;
Mondako flour has a specification of 12% protein content while PFM Powed flour has a specification of 13.5% protein content. To get into the 14% protein range you would need to go with Big Spring at 14.5% proten content.
Actually, Mondako should be OK for your application, unless your finished dough temperature is quite high and in that case a higher protein content flour might help. I would certainly give the PFM Power flour (13.5% protein) a try to see if it holds up any better than the Mondako flour (12% portein) does. If you need even more strength, then you can always go for the Big Spring flour (14.5% protein). Be sure to check your finished crusts for eating characteristics. If you go too high on protein content you can create an eating characteristic in your finished crust that is second only to products offered by Goodyear, Uniroyal, B.F. Goodrich, and Firestone, to name but a few. Think tough and chewy.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor