Philadelphian expanding to South Florida?

Hello all, been a LONG time since I’ve been on. Always wanted to retire to SoFlo for the weather (tired of winters). I’m 40 with 2 pretty successful locations in Philadelphia. Was in Ft Lauderdale for vacation in August & looked at some homes & it really sparked an interest to go sooner rather than later. Anyone operating down there? I know there’s some regulars on here from the Orlando & Gainesville and I’d love input from anyone in the state. I’m blessed with 2 good managers who would run the stores up North and I’d be looking to open a 3rd when I get down there. We do about 60% delivery with the rest split between take-out & dine in. It’s a quality hand tossed ‘NY Style’ pizza with cheesesteaks etc. etc. I ate in a place called Big Louie’s that had multiple locations and a similar concept & menu to ours. I think we’d fit right in. Specifically I was looking to move to the Fort Lauderdale area. This would be my 1st choice to open in but Miami is about 40 minutes away as well. My ‘Plan’ was to just go and pound the pavement looking for the right opportunity. Anything to be wary of??? Thank you in advance for the replies!

The same thing that you have to be wary of in Philly. Criminals with guns.

LOTS if them!

The same thing that you have to be wary of in Philly. Criminals with guns.

LOTS if them!

HA HA HA!!!
Too darn funny!!!
Too darn true!!!
Welcome to the Gunshine State!

Fellas, forgive me if i’m being naive but I can’t see how Fort lauderdale area is more than dangerous than Philadelphia. I did drive around a considerable area, not just downtown but all of the outlying areas. Couple spots were a little shady but overall MUCH improved over areas I’m in now. Are you guys from South Florida or just Florida in general? Thanks for the input.

Philadelphia: 1 violent crime annually for every 73 people. 1 property crime for every 24 people.
Fort Lauderdale: 1 violent crime for every 119 people. 1 property crime for every 17 people
Miami: 1 violent crime for every 53 people. 1 property crime for every 14 people

Welcome to Florida, The Gunshine State.

Source of crime statistics: cityrating.com