Phone Systems Again

I know it has been asked a bunch, but nothing recent I could find. We are on phones through the cable company. but were looking at MiSignal on recommendation of another store owner. After some research I found out they are just PizzaPhoneSystem.com with a new name. D0 any of you that were using PizzaPhone still use them? Any thoughts? Anybody use MiSignal? Seems like all I could find was negatives. I know in the past Nextiva has gotten good reviews, any updates on them.
Only bonus I saw with Misignal is they include cellular backup if anything goes down.
I’m just needing 5 lines with rollover, Greeting and message on hold.
Thanks,
D

I’ve been on board with pizzacloud for the last 4 months. System has all the bells and whistles I need. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza Cloud is very good, they have cell backup. Highly recommend Pizza Cloud. Pizza Phone/MiSignal is operating as the same thing. Stay as far away as you can from them. Best advice I can give

Thats kind of what i’m seeing. I was set to go with MiSignal/PizzaPhone and then searched. I don’t think I found anybody saying anything positive about pizzaphonesystems. So, I started looking at Nextiva and Pizza Cloud. Nextiva seems solid, but I like the idea of a company that is more in tune with our business. Nextiva seemed more for office phones. They didn’t have any information on working with caller id box. I did like nextiva would let me puchase my own equipment. Other negative was no Cellular backup. A couple people recommended PizzaCloud and they seem to be what I’m looking for and they mostly have positive feedback.

RobT or Ouybouy can you give us a ballpark monthly cost for your PizzaCloud System? Also, have anyone of you had your system switch over to cellular backup due to an internet outage? if so, how did it go?

I would not recommend going with any VoIP system without cellular backup, or some other backup Internet. I have actually turned away customers who would not let us put in the cellular backup, unless they were on fiber Internet and swear that they never ever have outages. You know why - when does your Internet go down? Monday at 9:00 AM? Nope. it goes down on Friday at 5:00 PM.
Also, we install the cellular backup router so that it protects not just the phones, but also the POS system (credit cards and web orders etc).
FYI - we do allow customers to supply their own IP phones, but they have to be current firmware and models that have the right features. Some other vendors mentioned in this thread have a habit of providing used Mitel phones (like…6 or 7 years old) that will not run current firmware. They work OK, but not possible to provide shared hold/park lines. So when their customers jump over to us they almost always have to get new phones. So if you have existing phones give us a call and we can tell you if they will work. Bottom line, I would rather NOT sign you as a customer than have you as an unhappy one.

JohnwithJ, we are very up front on costs. Standard package for a carryout/delivery restaurant with 3 to 6 phones connected, a fax or efax line, the cellular backup Internet and ten phone lines/call paths is just $155.00 per month. Less for smaller shops, a little more for larger ones. You do pay for the equipment, although we have leasing options. But the savings is not the primary benefit - most of our customers see an actual increase in revenue, mainly from no busy signals, using start-of-call upsell messages, call queuing etc. That is usually $350 to $750 per month increase in revenue.

@John P Scully

Couple of questions: 1: How many employees do you currently have?. The reason I ask is because on your site your company address goes to your house. That makes me really wonder!! 4068 Phillips Rd Granville, OH 43023. I also was told by 4 different Marcos Pizza franchises that they lost their phones from Friday to Sunday on more than one occasion

@Gordon Johnson Having owned and founded a couple companies you often form your LLC or S corp for your businesses before you have an office address. First form legal entity then go get investor money then go get office. In the IT and/or cloud world is likely a lot more common than the industry I was previously in. When you start up your only overhead is your computer in the extra bedroom or garage. Once you have a product and business plan then you get investors to bankroll office space and payroll. Then when your state asks for annual renewal you or your cpa or lawyer eventually update it to whatever office space you are leasing if you feel it necessary.

I’ve had Pizza Cloud in 2 locations for about a year now. I haven’t lost phones once. Every now and then the pepwave needs reset to allow incoming online orders to come in (May differ by olo provider, we use Brygid). It takes about a minute to reset and yours good again

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk