Pizza Cutting Guide

cant remember where i saw it but there is a poly board with the cuts in it for a guide

anyone know what I am talking about

Dennis

American Metalcraftnis one…

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/piz … 19612.aspx

Here is one you posted

http://www.pmq.com/tt/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13556

once again rick you da man

thanks

Here is one i saw at Expo this year.

Let’s think outside the box

You can buy cutting boards anywhere these days.
Buy the size you need and contact either a person you know who works with wood or
a cabinet shop.
Tell them the shape you want, probably round, and ask them to use a router to put a slight groove at the place you want. Be sure to have a handle cut out to pick up the board.

You should not need to have grooves for an 8 slice. You can put 10 slice on one side and flip it over for the 12 slice. Be sure to not have the grooves too deep and to extend them to the edge of the cutting board.

Be sure that the cutting board is at least 2" larger than your biggest pizza sold.

Just a thought to save a few dollars

I agree bubba but lets play devils advocate here

I do what you say

I gotta ask a friend to make it no problem

I have this piece of wood, now I have to treat it so it wont absorb any moisture, and that the Health Inspector will hopefully approve it, (probably won’t because not NSF)

Health Inspector says no so I trash it my "friend comes by to see me and gets upset when he doesn’t see his piece of handywork around

or I can just click a few buttons and PRESTO it shows up at my door and all is good
“JUST KIDDING” :lol: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

plus I only got it for the ^6^ slice cut for Slice sales and school orders

I probably should have mentioned that you need to use cutting board material.
I have one of these at my shop and it has lasted 5 years. I merely splash bleach on it occasionally to remove any stains.
This material is so resilent that NO type of glue will adhere to it. I have a rocker knife holder out of the same material and the only way to have the sides stay attached is to use ss screws.

You are correct that you should never use any type of material that can absorb or retain moisture.
bubba

You could also buy a cutting board at Sam’s club and mark it then cut grooves with a router. The poly board should make the inspector happy.

Poly board should…unless you live in my County! Our guy say glass only which is a pain and plays heck on my knives!

We had a complete set ready to go when we opened and he nixed them. I was told if we insisted on using them, we’d be written up on every inspection since in his mind every knife cut would open up an area for bacteria to “hide”. He said our county approves only the tempered glass boards, if we used poly or wood, we’d have to plane them at the minimum of once a week. That wouldn’t take too many weeks to plane our boards to nothingness!

BS I know, but…we got rid of them.