Pizza Dough

How much compressed yeast should I use for 50 lb mix. That batch came out pretty good. We used 3oz of compressed. And it rose in the refrigerator thy was set at 38 degrees. So I Dk if I used too much yeast or water was too warm

For compressed yeast, you are a little low. I’g go with adding another ounce, making it 4-ounces even. You mantion addin, I quote, “warm water”. What was your finished dough temperature? If you are using a planetary type of mixer, with a total mixing time of around 10- minutes, your water temperature should by around 70F, not “warm”. Remember, you are looking for a finished dough temperature of 80 to 85F. There should be a copy of my DOUGH MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE in the RECIPE BANK, but if you can’t find it, just e-mail me directly at tlehmann@aibonline.org and I’ll send you a copy of it. Dough management is the most importand aspect of making quality dough, if you don’t get it right, nothing wil be right later on.
As you are using compressed yeast, be sure to keep it refrigerated, and remember, it has a shelf life of roughly two weeks.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor