Pizza Panic

Hello, I’ve been reading your helpful postings for months now so thought I should finally check in. We have a miniature golf course and ice cream shop next to it. We’ve decided to add pizza and will be open for business this weekend. I’m using a Lincoln conveyer oven which has worked great in trials. The sauce has been formulated (I think) and I’ve ordered all supplies today. We’ll have a 7", 12", and 16" size. We are using a prepared crust (no gasps please) from GFS that actually is very good. Could anyone share the amount of sauce you use for each size. Also, amount of cheese. We’re using a mixture of mozarella, provolone & muenster - diced. ANY HELP or advice (except to get out - too late for that) would be greatly appreciated.

Muenster?
That’s fairly unusual…

LC blends muenster and mozz…

has a smooth characteristic and a nice mix…

I am a light sauce kind of guy on a 12" I use 1/4 cup of sauce and 6 oz of cheese.

12" 4.5 oz sauce and 5.0 oz cheese
16" 9.0 oz sauce and 9.0 oz cheese

I can help you with the 12" and 16" pizzas. The 7" you’re on your own.

…Sauce…Cheese…
12"…4 oz…6 oz…
16"…8 oz…12 oz…

Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

Our 7 inch is on a flatbread . . . ansd since we aren’t weighing the toppings yet, these are theoretical; ideals more than hard realities. We are pretty close, though.

…Sauce…Cheese…
7"… 2 oz…1.5 oz…
12"…6 oz…7 oz…
16"…9 oz…10 oz…

Thanks for all your help!!! We’ll be doing more trials tomorrow after all the supplies arrive and then opening on Friday. We’ve had the ice cream shop for years but just remodeled to add pizza. With permits, and building not getting done earlier this is the first chance we’ve had to open. What a nightmare, opening on Friday (we’re in a tourist area) with mostly new help and no one has experience with pizza. I’ll let you know if I’m still in the pizza business on Monday. Thanks again for all the helpful info on this site!

Congratulations! Have Fun! And wishing you a HUGE successful pizza opening!