pizza press

Has anyone used a pizza press? I am thinking of purchasing one with a heated top. Any advise would be appreciated.
Sharon

we use a manual dough pro with heated top could not get by with out it in the near future we will be getting the automatic version ive had a couple of girls that just did not have enough upper body strength to use it good on a 16" pie , my 7 year old can press out a 12" pie but he has to hang on the bar with his feet about 10" in the air pretty funny to watch. :lol:

i have a dual heat dough pro i would like to sell,never used it

Sharon;
Please keep in mind that each of the different forming methods hand, sheeting, and pressing produces a finished crust with different characteristics, and for the most part, they are not interchangeable. The only procedure that is interchangeable is where a sheeter is used to open a dough up to about 2/3 of the full diameter and then it is finished to full diameter by hand. This method is a viable substitute for completely forming by hand. I’ve written some pretty complete articles on this topic. If you search the atchives of both PMQ and Pizza Today you will be able to read up on the topicin itss entirety.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor