Pizza sticking to peel

This is not a new problem. I have struggled with this for a year and a half. The problem is docking the dough, and small amounts of sauce leaking on the peel. Is there a change I could make to the dough to where it would not need to be dock. Its seems like just in the past decade or so pizza shopes started docking dough.

What type of docker are you using. My understanding of the use of a docker is to press the top surface to the bottom surface of the dough. It is to “spot weld” the two surfaces together. If your docker is penetrating through the dough you need to find one that doesn’t.

Hey Daddio

I’d post a pic of my dough docker but not sure how. But yeah it is going all the way thru, and has been for since i have opened. Maybe we are pressing to hard.

which one white or orange style

the orange one only twice as wide and light tan color.

The most effective dough dockers will have a flat tip rather than a small rounded or pointed tip on the wheel. The idea is to stick the top and bottom layers of the dough together as a means of controlling bubbling, you really don’t want to “perforate” the dough which defeats the purpose od docking and it can induce sticking of the dough to the peel.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor