POS Advice - Future POS ?

Hi Folks - Anybody have experience/opinions with Future POS? Seems like a solid system to me with a lot of features I like at a reasonable price, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Nearly all of our restaurant clients use Point of Success. I’ve played with and sat in on demos of many other systems (Micros, Revention, Future, Aloha), but we stick with Point of Success. I haven’t seen anything else that comes close to their software for the money.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Being from NY you should look into Harbortouch. We’ve been using it for the past 2 years with zero problems. Bonus is there is no upfront cost. You just have to use them for CC processing which is right inline with most everyone else. You pay a monthly service fee depending on how many systems, printers etc you require but cost is around $50 per machine which includes support and upgrades so it’s very reasonable.

Hello,

I have been going through an install with Future for the past 2-months and still no operating system. They first sold me their base model for $4K, ensurring me it would handle all of my POS, Labor & Inventory needs. Very frustrated with their installers, am most likely going to tell them to come and take it out. Sales Guy was great and has tried to help all he can, but they have a major issue with their product knowledge and efficient installation. Feel free to reach out if you want details, but at this point I would advice to keep looking.

PM sent.

I’ve been using futures for the last year, only because I was naive and had a previous relationship with a vender from another business. Futures does everything you need it to do but with one big difference. In my case, we’re take out delivery, future works but the pos systems like Revention and Speedline are much more polished. This being my first pizza place, I didn’t know what I really wanted or what to really look for in a good pos. After going to pizza show and trying out other systems geared for the pizza industry, I was convinced I didn’t make the best choice for my needs. Again Futures does it all but just not as polished. You’ll find some good threads about pos systems in the forum with much more experienced Pizzaiolo’s for sure. Really good advice.
If I had to do it over again Futures wouldn’t be my first choice only because we’re heavily focused on delivery. Futures features seemed more focused on sit down restaurants. That’s my 2cents:)

I decided to use Future because the local pos software company was literally a 5 minute drive and I thought we would get better than expected service. Well I had for exactly 1 year and 10,000 dollars later we ripped it out and put our old software back. The software like the previous poster said is NOT designed at all for pizzerias. down to they couldn’t figure out to do a 2 pizza and wings special. The delivery side was an after thought and the online ordering literally is what made me leave. It took 8 months and the system crashed when they did a mock run of it. I was extremely distracted with all the other issues and had not noticed it had taken that long. The system is highly customizable but the parts I really needed customized nobody including Future could fix. I would only recommend this if you have lots of money and time to waste. Your better off with a pen and paper it will be cheaper in the long run and less frustrating,

Revention customer here…it’s the 2nd POS system I’ve owned (1st being Firefly). I highly recommend Revention.

Remember…you pay for what you get. Don’t let the price tag be the determining factor in your decision.

I highly recommend Speedline. We’ve been using them for a little over two years now, it has cut our phone calls down from 2 minutes to 30 seconds, online ordering with it is absolutely seamless (via Brygid). There are so many awesome features with Speedline that it’s really worth your time setting up a demo. Something as simple as extra dressings/sauces almost paid for our system in the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I realize you are using the word “Future” as a noun here, talking about a particular company, I’m going to go out on a limb here and talk about “Future” as an adjective and say that within 10 years of today, 50% or more of your business will come from a new form of POS, that which your customers hold in their hands, their smartphones. Within 15 years there will be no such thing as a POS, as we know it today. Your terminal will simply be a place to organize, administer and track / facilitate your orders. I realize 15 years seems like a long time to some of you, but those of us that are old enough to know it, it’ll be here tomorrow. Before you invest tens of thousands in technology, research the newer services that leverage available tools and provide low monthly service costs, allowing you to upgrade as technology changes, and it will change very quickly in the next 5 to 7 years.