POS

It’s hard to believe that anyone would suggest that Revention would be the cheapest solution. Not sure if there is a more expensive system on the market.

I didnt say revention was the cheapest!! wrong reply

I must say I am always amused by how often people press the “Reply” button without ever reading the thread.

I am not really familiar with any pros or cons of this system. Not one I/we hear a lot about. The line above that I pulled from their website did give me a couple red flags:

1. I could not find specifically was received for 39.95 a month. They talked about a lot of fancy features and services, but never said that was included in the base plan. $2400 for 6 full systems with all new equipment, flat screens, new printers, 3 year warranty, 2 years support services 24/7, weekly therapeutic massage . . . . that sounds sweet! On the other hand, their bare bones software on one 4-year old refurb and 2 used printers with no warranty . . . not so much.

2. “No money down” and “All restaurants can qualify” sounds too much like used car buy here/pay here lots for me to be comfortable with tht being their leading sales technique.

3. For less than $2400 I built, installed and programmed a 3 computer Point of Success system for my shop that included some really basic, low end refurb computers that work like a charm, 2 touchscreen monitors, 2 zebra label printers, 2 epson TM88-III receipt printers, and a CRT for the office monitor . . . keyboards, mouses, and software licenses for three machines, plus employee time clock. You should get a better deal than that and make sure of a REALLY good warranty on new equipment. All mine is used.

Nick, you did good!!

Dang guys, you all keep hawking point of whatever, but I swear, the software alone would have cost me 4X more than I spent on freepos. Look up http://www.positive-feedback.net/ ??? No doubt its good, but 4X more?? No way.

As for Reventiouch… You guys that have $15K+ for a Revention system, I’ll double the number of terminals they offer, give you a bonus check for $7500, not hold a lockkey to your system or hold you hostage for support. Heck, I’ll support you for free! Future upgrades free!

Rant over.

I have no doubt that you believe in the FreePOS, P2007, but you should also disclose that you’re a reseller for them.

While I believe what you say and think it looks like nice software for the price, you certainly have a bias that others here don’t.

I still have trouble reconciling FREEpos actually COSTING me money. Where is the ‘free’ part? :slight_smile: I did look at that one a lot when I was setting up my POS. I ultimately chose POSuccess because they have an active network of users on their online forum, not unlike this one, where people help troubleshoot and share solutions they have found. That was a big value-added that made me lean hard that way. It has it’s limits for me, and has pushed me to find some difficult solutions, but we are glad of the investment still today.

Lots of great systems that do lots of great things. Look for your feature must-haves and look really hard at those prices . . . . know what you are and are not getting for those $$$$.

Support and future upgrades for free? :roll: :lol: For how long? That doesn’t sound like a very good business model. Why would you continue to upgrade the software for free?

Besides, you comments about $15K+ POS systems vs. “FreePOS” are ignorant. Apples and oranges. I’m sure you will disagree and want to argue that point, but there is no doubt that you are wrong - why? Because the market has spoken. Otherwise everyone would have “FreePOS”.

But then again, maybe I’m wrong - I just looked at your link and I noticed the wonderful features of “FreePOS” - not only is “Clock - IN” a listed feature - amazingly enough “Clock - OUT” is a listed feature too! Let me check my Revention brochure - I don’t think I saw those listed as a feature! :roll:

Piper, I have disclosed the fact that I’m a reseller, haven’t I? I just don’t do it very much, until I get revention rammed down a thread. I do it, because there are much more affordable alternatives. But, if you’ve spent $15K on a pos, we’re all hoping you feel good about it.

RG, how are my comments ignorant? Buy what you like. There are alternatives. Similar to business practices, the ‘majority’ of speakers here seem to think there’s only one way to sell pizza… Hey, whatever works for you, there are other ways. Thats all I’m trying to contribute. By all means, if you can afford Revention and their support, go right ahead.

Nick, I’m sure all the packages are great, and you make excellent points about support forums.

RG,

Heck, I’ll support you for free! Future upgrades free!.
← I was being a little sarcastic. But all upgrades are free. This software isn’t for everyone. But, like Nick, if you have some existing equipment, and aren’t afraid of learning, there are options available. On the other hand, you can have Revention require you to purchase a DELL system for 3X market value. Whatever makes you warm and comfy.

As for features, I’m pretty sure it does everything any other pos would, just a lot cheaper on the purchase price.

I know better than to argue with you on this - but I do want to clear up an incorrect statement. Revention doesn’t require you to purchase a DELL system, period. In fact, they won’t even sell you a DELL system if you asked for it…

If it does everything any other POS would, as you say, then how is it possible that it is not the market leader? Too many idiot pizza store owners fall for Revention and all the others sales pitch?

Nick, I’ve also been looking into that option as well. I’ve never worked with a POS system before, so $40/month sounded reasonable for a 1 station with touchscreen, cashdrawer, swipe, printer, software, training etc. But I’ve found a touchscreen for $400, I’m sure I can locate a cashdrawer/swipe/printer for around $200-$300 total, and would just be needing a reliable but reasonably priced software.

Revention doesn’t require you to purchase a DELL system, period.
Maybe they’ve changed since they quoted me. But when they quoted me, I had to purchase their system for support, which happened to be a cheap Dell box.

Too many idiot pizza store owners fall for Revention and all the others sales pitch?
Gee, you’re hostile. I only meant to offer a more affordable alternative. Not to insult you. Personally, I was disgusted with their sales tactics and approach. The system looked good, but at what cost and what strings attached? I decided it was too expensive for me.

Sorry, don’t mean to come across as hostile. I just want the facts presented as such and true - and opinions clearly denoted as such.

There is a large price range of POS systems available, and they all have their market. But systems on opposite ends of the price range are not comparable. Someone looking at Revention or the other upper end systems is not going to be sold on FreePOS or Point of Success because of the price. Just as someone looking at FreePOS or Point of Success isn’t going to suddenly jump to Revention because of it’s features.

There is a large price range of POS systems available, and they all have their market. But systems on opposite ends of the price range are not comparable. Someone looking at Revention or the other upper end systems is not going to be sold on FreePOS or Point of Success because of the price. Just as someone looking at FreePOS or Point of Success isn’t going to suddenly jump to Revention because of it’s features.
Well said and I agree completely!

Let’s say the their is added ‘cost’ and risk one assumes when one buys a software package and builds the infrastructure themselves. I am the only tech support I have for my hardware, though the software guys will do what they can to help. If I lose a printer or monitor at 7pm on Friday night, then I am just SOL until I can find the problem myself or get a new one. God forbid my hard drive fail as it is not under warranty anymore (45 days from purchase on a refurb system).

Lots of ups and downs to it all. Had I $15K, I would have considered a turn key system . . . maybe even with the same software . . . maybe a different one.

idiot… realy wow… who are you

I do believe you are reading this the wrong way.

I think the point being made here is there has to be value to the Revention system because pizza store owners are NOT idiots.

Thanks for the needed clarification Daddio. That is exactly what RG was getting at.

Had I $15K, I would have considered a turn key system
Money isn’t a problem with me. Got plenty of it. Haven’t found, or seen a good enough reason to purchase another POS to replace the one I have.