POSPizza vs. Point of Success - Compare and contrast please

I am going to be in need of a POS very quickly. I do not have thousands or even one thousand to spend on it. These 2 seem to come up quite a bit. So does anyone know the real differences between them?

If any of their employees/managers/owners are on the board could you tell me why your product is the one to get and then also tell me 3 good things about the other one. Thanks!

Kyle

Re: POSPizza vs. Point of Success - Compare and contrast ple

You are asking a tough question here. Those of us who chose Point of Success likely did so because of features it has to offer. For any one person to give you the pro’s and con’s of both systems they must have worked with both. I downloaded the demo software from both and made my choice because of the ease of setup and ability to change the menu on the fly.

I would suggest you download both demo packages and play with them. Chose what you are most comfortible using.

Daddio,

Thanks for the response. I am doing just that. I do however think that the real plusses and minuses come out after some use. Much more than a demo could ever give me. That is why I asked.

Kyle

Either one is going to cost way more than $1000 by the time you buy software, computers, printers, monitors, etc.

POSPizza has a 60 day trial. It has all of the basic features you will need, and if you do any marketing, it will pay for itself within 2 months. It offers the option to print out amiling labels, or to export the file so you can work with it in excel (and then do a mail merge to get address labels).

It took me about 2 weeks to get my menu entered and 2 more to play a bit with the settings, then I used the system live for a month. At that point if you don’t like it, then you can change easily enough, although entering a menu will be a very big chunk of waisted time.

Also, say you pay the $375 for POSPizza and don’t like it. You can toss it out and really not be out that much money, because Point Of Success wil run on the same hardware. It is a much easier decision than being unsatisfied with a $20,000 system and changing it.

If you are on a budget, then look at ebay auctions for hardware. I purchased a reports printer once for $2. It was ‘broken’, and all I did to fix it was a pull a stuck pen from the paper feed.

Here are just a few suggestiosn on how to cut your costs:
15 inch touch panel: $31 http://cgi.ebay.com/Flat-Panel-LCD-Micr … dZViewItem

POS PC:
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-1-ELO-Touch-Scre … dZViewItem

There is even a radiant systems POS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Radiant-Systems-tou … dZViewItem

I know a lot of people who can’t stand used equipment, but really, it is the way to go. If something breaks then just toss it out and buy a replacement. Because of the low start up cost, you will have the system payed for well before anything breaks.

my biggest complaint with pospizza is it won’t reprint labels when you change something on the order

and couponing in th esystem is a pain also

I already have the computer, monitor, printer etc. Just need the software program.

Kyle

The option to reprint labels is in the system setup, right there on the first page. 3 options: never reprint(sounds like you ahd that toggled), always reprint, and prompt for a reprint.

Coupons are as easy to enter as menu items.

Is there anyone on the board from either of these companies? Right now it looks like POSPizza is leading.

Kyle

Jeff Ward from Point of Success is on this board very often and is very helpful with any questions you may have. I do not recall ever having seen anyone from POSPizza on the board with any help which may be a disadvantage of going that route.

POS Pizza has its own message board that users log into and are able to get feedback from other users as well as help from the developer. POS Pizza was my first Point of Sale system and it did a great job for me for the first two years. We added a dining room and POS Pizzas wasn’t able to handle the dining room very well (they have since created a dine-in module) My experience with POS Pizza was very postive. It did a lot of things very well, and the program is written extemely well and will run on limited resource machines.

POS Pizza has its own message board that users log into and are able to get feedback from other users as well as help from the developer.

Jeff

This is a great idea I would like to see something like this offered by Point of Success.

I am on the board at least once a day, but you asked for input from users. Adding my sales pitch to a thread like this isn’t usually helpful!

I am one of the founders of our company. Point of Success was developed from my experience as a pizzeria owner. I have been in the computer software business for about 25 years, all of them engaged in the development, sales and support of everything from general-purpose business accounting software to industry-specific business applications like Point of Success.

I can’t compare Point of Success to POSPizza because I know very little about the software. Even if I did know a lot about POSPizza, I couldn’t be counted upon for an unbiased opinion of their features compared to ours.

What I can tell you is that Point of Success is built to give restaurants, particularly pizzerias, the features they need to manage orders, control cash, improve marketing, and make a more efficient and profitable business. Our software is affordable, we care about our customers, and we work every day to improve our system and service.

You can get detailed feature information on our web site at www.pointofsuccess.com and download a full working demo with a sample menu. We offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, so you can send it all back if Point of Success doesn’t work in your restaurant.

Anyone in our office can help you with your specific questions, including me. I can be reached at (800) 752-3565, extension 102. Call if I can help in any way!

Do you think it would be useful and be used? I have thought about it from time to time, but I don’t want to throw a party and have nobody show up!

Jeff - register for the POSPizza boards and check them out for yourself. I have read your posts and am a big fan of yours, although I use POSPizza myself. You have a ton of great information and are a valued member of this and other pizza boards.

The POSPizza boards are a bit sleepy, did you want to start one up for your own company to be bombarded with complaints or support requests? The customer only feature request forum is about the only positive one there. The rest deal with fixing problems that have come up with networking, printers, caller ID, etc. But every single time I have had a problem the President of Summit Consulting has addressed my concerns within 24 hours. Is that a long time? Well, since not a single user has ever posted about having the system go down it is pretty reasonable and problems are pretty minor.

The support forums are a great resource because the chances are that someone has had, or will have the same problem, decreasing your work load.

All that aside, Scott from POSPizza (not Scott the poster here), does not post on these forums. I have prodded him over and over again to do a bit of self promotion, but to no avail. It is far better to promote your own product in a professional and un biased way than to be a compensated endorser of an inferior POS.

Jeff
From the number of questions I see here I would think it would be a good venture. I would be there for sure and I would wager that Dave would be too. There are tricks and tips that could be shared that I wouldn’t want to bore the rest of think tank over.

I think you had a good idea there Daddio. Our users are way smarter than us! The new Point of Success Roundtable is up at http://www.posroundtable.com/wowbb

Jeff
Thanks. You guys a Point of Success are always going the extra mile for us users. It shows how much you care.

I have used pospizza for about 5 years, it has been very stable and trouble free. Any time I did have a problem, Scott Slater was very quick and helpful in responding. There are a few things that I would like different but for the money it is awesome. We are a delco doing around 10K a week. I’ve downloaded the point of success demo and I may want to go further but I’m not in a hurry to switch.

Paul